Their story continues...

Sequel to IF I ASK YOU TO STAY

THE PRICE OF LOVE

(excerpt)

Jin and I were still learning about each other, but we knew that in just a few months, our love had grown to great proportions. Every now and then I wondered if it was possible to be too happy, if somehow the fates would decide that the love we shared could not possibly survive. Then I remembered the love I saw shining in Jin's beautiful, dark eyes when he looked at me, and I pushed away all negative thoughts.

Seokjin was indeed jaw-droppingly handsome, but he had so many special qualities that almost outshined his physical attributes. His expression was usually serious and guarded, but once he got comfortable, he was prone to laughing and making jokes, always trying to make others feel at ease. Only his closest friends knew this silly side of his because he only let his guard down around those he cared about. If he knew others were observing him, his smile would dissolve, and his handsome face would resemble a beautiful but cold statue.

He was very intuitive and could tell just by sitting next to you if something was bothering you. Then, he would try to help you by listening to what you chose to unburden. And if you did not feel like talking about your problems, he would tell you stories that would make you feel that you were not alone in your feelings. And no matter how troublesome or upsetting your issues were, he never judged or blamed you in any way. Instead, he always reminded you to be kind and forgive yourself for your mistakes.

Plus he was a phenomenal cook. I had to take care if I did not want to gain weight from all of the delicious meals that he prepared for me. It was a skill he was most proud of. Oh, and he had a great voice--another talent he rarely shared with others, but I had had the pleasure of his sweet voice when he sang me to sleep during bouts of insomnia. He was artistic and open-minded and very affectionate.

In short, he was the perfect man. So why was a part of me still uncertain? Was it because it seemed too good to be true?  Was there a price to pay for so much happiness?

Check it out!