Chapter 46: Concern

(Jin) 

"What do you mean she's not home?" I yelled into the phone. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'll calm down. We'll both calm down. What time did you get home?"

Cindy told me that she had gotten home around one in the morning and found the front door open. She assumed that Bella was in her room. She knocked and then opened the bedroom door and noticed that Bella was not home. Then she called Namjoon and Jimin, neither of whom knew where she was. Namjoon said he had left her apartment around twelve-thirty, and Jimin had not seen her since the Halloween dance. She called me with the hopes that Bella was with me. Unfortunately, she was not.

I told her to instruct the guys to meet at her apartment in ten minutes, then I changed into some sweats and rushed over. By the time I got there, Cindy was crying in Taehyung's arms. Namjoon and Jimin got there right after me. Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jungkook arrived after ten minutes.

We conducted a search of her room. Namjoon, who had been in her room earlier, said that he had helped Bella pick up her costume from the floor to the chair where we saw it was folded. He said that the last time he saw her, she had been wearing her robe over her undergarments--which got him a stern look from me. She had not been wearing her slippers.

Cindy burst into tears again. Where would she have gone barefoot in her robe?

"What about the security cameras?" Yoongi asked, and everyone turned to look at him in surprise.

"Of course!" I exclaimed. I pulled out my phone and dialed one of the apartment complex managers. She sounded as if she'd been asleep, but she greeted me warmly. The reason I had her number was because we'd gone out last year. I turned away from everyone's curious stares as I asked her if we could review the camera footage around the girls' apartments. After a few more words, I hung up.

"Okay. She said she can meet me in the office in twenty minutes. She will pull up the footage, and we should have a clear indication of what happened," I reported to the others. "Namjoon, write down any details you remember about the last time you saw Bella--did you hear her lock her door? Did you see anyone in the courtyard? Cindy, make a note of how you found the apartment when you got home. Tae, stay with her here in case Bella returns or calls. Jimin, you should go back to your place in case Bella shows up there."

"Yoongi and I will look around the complex," Hoseok said. "Hopefully we will find something or someone that might provide information."

"I can go look, too," Jungkook said.

"No, you come with me," I told him. "It's late, and you probably shouldn't even be out right now. Your mother will be upset. Please call her and tell her you are with me." I looked at him until he nodded. "Okay. If anyone hears anything, please let the rest of us know. Let's go."

At the apartment offices, Serena the manager greeted me with a big smile, which faded when she saw Jungkook behind me. Did she think I had made this up just to spend time with her? I explained to her briefly that a friend of ours was not at home, and everyone was concerned that something might have happened because her door had been left open. She told me to sit down in front of the camera panel then leaned over me and helped me look through the camera footage. She was a bit too close to me.

"Jungkook, pull up a chair and help me look at this," I said. Serena finally moved away from me and took the other seat next to me.

The footage clearly showed Namjoon leaving at 12:35 A.M. and Bella, in a short robe standing at the door. It looked like a typical couple saying their goodnights, and I felt my jaw clench. I was being stupid, I knew, since nothing was going on between them. I exhaled and kept reviewing the footage.

"Bro, look!" Jungkook exclaimed.

All of us peered closer. 12:37 A.M. Someone was knocking at Bella's door. It was a woman. She spoke with Bella for a minute. It appeared that Bella invited her in. A minute later, a guy in dark clothing entered the apartment then promptly walked out with Bella over his shoulder. I felt my heart racing in equal measures of fear and anger.

The woman hurried after them.

"God damn it!" I yelled. It was Abigail.