Chapter 41: Together

(Bella) - Together

"Hey, the costume contest is about to begin!" Taehyung's deep voice called out from the door to the student center. "Oh! Sorry."

Jin reluctantly pulled away from the kiss, and I was too dazed to say or do anything except sway slightly on my feet.

"You'll have plenty of time for that later, I'm sure," Cindy's voice joined in.

Jin and I exchanged a smile and turned to them. I blinked a few times then felt my jaw drop in surprise.

Cindy was dressed in a teapot costume, and Tae was dressed in a baggy outfit complete with a white wig to resemble my character's father. "Oh, my God, you guys! Was this your big plan? All of us dressed in the same theme?"

Jin was holding the beast head mask under one arm, his lips pursed in amusement.

Cindy was furiously texting on her phone. "Yes, this was our big, secret plan. Wait until you see everybody."

Almost immediately the lobby door opened. Hoseok ran in dressed as a candlestick. Behind him Yoongi was dressed as a clock, and Jungkook followed them dressed as a chipped teacup.

"Oh, no! You didn't!" I practically screamed and rushed over to them. Hoseok grabbed me into a tight hug and then twirled me around, making my dress flare out. "You guys are the best! I had no idea!" I turned to Jin. "Did you know about this?"

He shook his head. "I'm as surprised as you are."

"JK!" I said. "They even brought you into this?"

The young man smiled shyly. "I don't mind. Jin's always been super cool with me even if I am just a high school kid. I want him to be happy." His face became red when I pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you," I whispered and kissed his cheek. I thought he was going to melt through the floor.

"I think you need to leave the kid alone," Jin said with a laugh. He reached out for my hand and turned me to face him. "If you hug and kiss every guy here, you'll have them on the floor." His piercing gaze made me feel as if I were the one about to fall to the floor. He pulled me closer and ran his thumb along my lower lip. "You need to save all that for me."

"Hey! There's a child present!" Hoseok said loudly and laughed. Jungkook pushed him.

"Please tell me you'll keep the PDA to a minimum," Yoongi said with disapproval.

Namjoon came rushing out into the lobby. "Hey, the contest is starting! Now, it's only a couple's contest, but we are going to stand around in the background to give the full effect of their costumes." He gave us a thumbs-up.

"And then can I go home?" a voice asked, somewhere between tired and angry. We all turned to Yoongi, who was frowning. "I feel completely ridiculous in this get-up." He looked at me. "But if it helped trick you into getting back together with that moping idiot over there--"

"Hey!" Jin exclaimed.

"--and if that is what makes you happy, Bella, then that's enough for me," Yoongi finished his statement with a hint of a smile. He noticed that everyone was staring at him with silly smiles on their faces, and he frowned again. "All right, all right. Let's get in there already. Hurry up!"

Everyone scurried through the door. Jin tugged gently on my hand, but I didn't move. I looked around the lobby then sighed.

"Bella?" he asked.

I bit my lip. "Uh, I know this is turning out to be an incredible night, and our friends went to all this trouble with the costumes, but...what about Jimin?"

Jin's expression changed. "I don't know. Do you think that will be a problem? Do you think that they left him out on purpose?"

"I'm not sure. Cindy might be upset with Jimin because of what happened on Tuesday. Maybe she thought it best to leave him out."

"What happened on Tuesday?" Jin asked with concern.

I did not think it was appropriate to go into details at that moment, so I shook my head. "Long story. I'll tell you later. Come on, they're waiting for us."