Chapter 17: Reality

(Bella) 

As soon as I slipped through the front door, Cindy began to scream like a madwoman. She had apparently been waiting for me. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God! You spent the night with Kim Seokjin! Oh, my God! Tell me! Tell me! Oh, please, tell me what happened!"

I took at least five minutes to quiet her down. I kept insisting that nothing had happened. I had merely taken care of him while he was ill, but she would not drop it. I don't know why she wanted to believe that I'd actually had sex with him. I mean, I hadn't known him that long, yet it wasn't out of the realm of possibility to want to sleep with him. After all, he was beyond incredible. When I remembered his sculpted body and the fact that I had seen so much of it, I could feel my cheeks burn.

"You are seriously red right now," Cindy said. "Tell me!"

"We slept on the same bed," I began, but her scream startled me. "Wait! Don't go crazy. Nothing happened. He was ill. He was asleep. Nothing at all happened."

She took a breath. "If you say nothing happened, then okay. My next question is this: why the hell did nothing happen? My sweet Lord, girl, you were in his bed! That boy looks like an appetizer, meal, and dessert all in one!" She was screaming again.

"I told you that I was just taking care of him because he was sick," I said loudly over her hysterical screams. "Please, quiet down. We need to clean up the apartment. Remember that my parents will be here this evening."

Cindy sighed and hung her head back, staring at the ceiling. "Oh, you brat, you are so cruel. You know, if I had slept with him, I would have told you every detail."

"Uh-huh," I grunted and turned to go to my room.

"Yeah! As a matter of fact, why don't I do just that and then report to you the heights of ecstasy I reached just by looking at his body," she said and threw herself on the sofa.

"It might surprise you, but Jin is a gentleman," I said.

"Jin? You call him Jin? You have a nickname for him?" she yelled. "There's no way I will buy that nothing happened. I can picture it now," she said, looking up dramatically. "He swept you up in his arms and laid you gently on the bed. No, threw you on the bed--much sexier. Threw you on the bed before ripping your clothes off. Then his hot body was on yours, and you cried out 'Jin, Jin, oh, you magnificent Greek god!" She turned sharply to me. "Something like that, I hope!"

"You're a psycho, Cindy," I called out before closing my door. I did not want to fuel her fantasies when in reality, nothing had happened. I wondered if he was even interested in me beyond his mild flirtations. I sat on my bed and sighed. Flirting was probably his default setting. He really was the most perfect man I'd ever seen, and he'd been nice to me as well.

My phone buzzed, and I looked down. It was a text from Jimin. He said he had to attend a dance practice, but he should be done by six so that he could join me and my parents for dinner. I managed to reply 'okay' before my phone died. I hadn't charged it since yesterday. I quickly plugged it in and left it on my desk while I changed so that I could do a bit of cleaning.