Dark Mark - Draco Malfoy x Reader

credit to: elena-reina on Tumblr

Prompt: Draco has been avoiding you ever since he got his Dark Mark.

Warnings: Fluff

Y/N: Your name Y/H/C: Your hair color Y/E/C: Your eye color

Both you and Draco have been dating for a while and you couldn't be happier. You were sitting on the train to Hogwarts along with Hermione and Ron. Draco hasn't arrived yet, so you fiddled with your thumbs as you simply gazed out the window.

"Ugh, Y/N." Ron says with a mouth full of candy, jerking his head forward. You look behind you where he was directing. There, Draco was standing in a chic black suit. Looking very handsome might you add. The grin on your face widened and you jumped up, throwing yourself into Draco's arms. He chuckled, almost stumbling back and returned it but it didn't quite feel the same. He pecked the top of your head before he let you go.

"I've missed you so much, Draco."

"I missed you more," he said, but you could tell something was off

The train arrived and finally came to a stop. You turned towards Draco. He didn't follow after you. You furrowed your eyebrow.

"Well, are you coming?"

"I'll be there in a second."

You nodded and walked off, running to catch up with your Hermione and Ron. When they asked where Draco was you just said he was coming soon. Ron rolled his eyes.

"You can do better. Bloody prick can't even walk with you," Ron mumbled. Hermione whacked him on the head.

"Would you shut up."

"Thanks Hermione," you weakly smiled. She gave you a wink.

You looked back at the train and saw the shades go down.

Strange

You thought about what he could possibly be doing but nothing came to mind. You decided you'll ask him about it later. Throughout dinner he did not say much, if not anything at all. He was acting standoffish and just a bit off overall. You didn't want to make him say anything he was not comfortable with so you just left it alone. And soon everyone was sent off for bed.

Draco held your hand walking you to your room.

"Draco," you said quietly and he looked at you, "Is everything alright?"

"Couldn't be better. I will see you tomorrow, sleep well for me." He kissed the side of your head and walked off.

"Oh... okay," you said, but he was long gone before he could've heard you. You turned your heel and walked off.

For days, even weeks, Draco has been acting strange and has not told you anything about it. As more days passed, the less affectionate he had become. First it started with giving weaker hugs, then to not giving you kisses, and then he won't sit next to you, let alone even touch you. Even with things as simple as hand holding. He's even began to avoid you throughout the hallways.

Draco's P.O.V

I woke up and got out of the bed, wiping my tired face with my hand. I changed into my suit then looked at the bed next to me. I furrowed my eyebrows and got closer to see who it was.

Y/N.

I sighed and ran my hand through her silky Y/H/C hair, and watched as it glided through my fingers. She always loved when I played with her hair. A pang of guilt crept over me for avoiding her these past few weeks but I didn't want her to know what happened to me.

I am now a Death Eater. It didn't help that her parents were killed by my aunt. I bent down and kissed her forehead gently to not wake her. I immediately turned to walk away to the Room of Requirement. I was in the doorway of the wing when Y/N spoke up.

"Draco," she said groggily getting out of the bed and coming towards me.

I froze, but didn't turn around. "Go back to sleep Y/N," I said sternly.

"No," she said with a sadness in her voice. Her warm fingers grabbed onto my cold hands and turned me around to face her. I looked at the floor, refusing to make eye contact since I know the moment I do, I am going to break down. I released my hand from her grip.

"Draco... you've been avoiding me for weeks now. Is it something that I have done? Please, tell me, I'm your girlfriend. I just want to be here for you. Somethings going on and I want an answer right now."

"It's not that simple." I told her still looking everywhere but her.

"Please," her voice cracked, "I don't want you to shut me out like everyone has in my life." I've always hated it when she would cry it broke my heart. I knew she was about to and I don't want to be the reason she does. I looked into her now slightly watery eyes and sighed. I rolled up my sleeve to show her and extended my arm out towards her. She gasped and backed away a bit. She was scared of me now.

"Y/N I'm sorry. I am so sorry. I didn't have a choice." I answered my voice cracking now. The love of my life is scared of me.

She grabbed my arm and I felt her finger trace over the dark mark. Tears began to spill out of my eyes. Her hand went to my cheek and I met her gaze.

"Why didn't you just tell me? I would've understood. I love you for you Draco."

"Don't you understand Y/N!? I am a Death Eater. I am no good for you!"

"That's not true and you know it. We'll work through this together. I'm not leaving you because I love you." Her Y/E/C looked into my grey eyes. "Do you love me?"

I shook my head.

"You never have to ask me that question."

I pulled her into a tight hug never wanting to let her go, burying my head in her neck. When she pulled away, I grabbed her cheeks with my hands and pressed my lips to her soft lips as she grabbed onto my wrists, pulling me closer.

What did I ever do to deserve someone as great as her.