How To Fall In Love

credit. to: holden-caulfield

Summary: the twins slip a love potion to y/n and she falls in love with a certain slytherin.

 Draco Malfoy was never known for being soft and understanding, but when someone slipped a love potion in your drink he suddenly seemed to change.

You and the blond had spoken only a few times and the reason usually was because you had decided to stand up to defend some poor first-year or to side with your friend Harry Potter. You didn't hold a grudge against the boy but you couldn't really bear his ruthless manners and took every opportunity to give him a piece of your mind.

The boy, on the contrary, relished in teasing you every time he could. He wouldn't directly insult you, but he wouldn't be nice either. Because of this ambiguous attitude you often found yourself thinking about him and wondering what could possibly lead him to behave in such a way. In fact, you were once caught by your friends Fred and George staring at the slytherin prince during potions class. They took great pleasure in teasing you about it and you would let them, not caring very much, but you would have never imagined they would have taken it as far as slipping a love potion in your pumpkin juice.

You were sat at the gryffindor table with your friends, eating and chatting about the upcoming lessons. George and Fred had just arrived and starter the conversation as per usual, "Oi y/n, Malfoy's looking this way, you might wanna say hello."

You simply raised your eyebrow at them and continued eating.

"No really, he's actually looking at you." added George.

"No he isn't and don't you think this joke has gotten a tad old?" Fred and George exchanged a knowing glance, trying to find a way to get you to turn around long enough for them to slip the potion without you noticing.

"If you glance lovingly at him as if he was your only true love one last time, we will stop." said Fred, perching his head on his hands and gazing longingly in the distance, followed by George doing the same while sighing loudly. You looked at them rather unimpressed and turned around lazingly even though you knew the boys would have never let the joke die there. To your surprise the blond was looking your way and when your eyes crossed he quickly looked away, just like you did. Luckily for the twins, the time was enough for them and when you turned around they just stared at you biting their upper lips, trying to stifle a laughter.

You eyes darted between the two brothers suspiciously before taking a large swig from your glass. Once the bottom of the cup touched the table, you felt your head get dizzier and dizzier and clutched it with your hands. The trio noticed this and looked at the twins fearfully. They just shrugged, "Just watch."

A few moments passed and your head would have been clear again if it hadn't been for a new sudden desire: you felt the strange urge to get up and reach Draco Malfoy. You didn't know why but you quickly excused yourself and got up, trotting over to the slytherin table with a huge smile plastered on your face.

The twins were now laughing freely, while Ron, Harry and Hermione watched dumbfounded as you strolled over to their 'nemesis'.

"You slipped her a love potion!" whispered-shouted Hermione, looking positively furious at the twins.

"That we did!" answered George, wiping the corners of his eyes.

"She's going to kill you both..." added Ron, still scarred from that one time he had pulled a prank on you under suggestion of his older brothers and you made him regret the action thoroughly.

"She's going to be too busy drooling over Malfoy to kill us." remarked Fred. Hermione just watched the twins completely distraught, then looked back at you who had already made your way over to Draco Malfoy.