One hand One heart

written by I-cant-type-help on Tumblr

Summary: Draco and Y/N recite their vows whilst they still have the chance. Based off of 'One hand One heart' from West Side Story

Draco ran through the destroyed halls of Hogwarts, calling your name frantically. He dodged oncoming spells and waded his way through the debris that was collapsing around him. All he could focus on was finding you, he didn't have time to look at the dead bodies at his feet or the people fighting around him.

He was becoming panicked now, finding it hard to breath as his chest tightened continuously. Draco called out your name again, screaming it so desperately that his throat burned. When you didn't reply once again, he broke down into sobs, clutching desperately at his chest in defeat.

"Draco." A female voice said softly behind him. Draco didn't have the energy to look up, "I think I saw her on the third floor."

"Don't talk to him, Hermione, we need to go." Another voice said, full of panic and a slither of disgust.

Draco stood up immediately and ran to the third floor, feeling adrenaline rush through him as he anxiously awaited seeing you again after so long. He prayed to Merlin that you were okay, that he would get there to see you healthy with bruises or grazes at the very most. After that he would be able to protect you, he would make sure you didn't get hurt and when this was all over he would make sure that he would never leave you again in his life, not like he had before this.

But of course, when Draco saw you lying there, your face scrunched up in pain, he knew he had been much too optimistic. It seemed you had been caught up in the destruction of one of the walls, as your legs were trapped under piles of debris. He also noticed there was blood gushing violently out of your right leg as there was a large piece of glass wedged into the skin.

You weren't even crying. You just lay there, face pale and growing paler by the second and body covered in dust. You barley moved except from the little rise and fall of your chest as you took in harsh and faltering breaths. Draco froze for the first few moments, his mind unable to comprehend what his eyes were seeing. He noticed his hands were shaking slightly first and then his whole body began to shake, rapidly. His heart plummeted through his stomach and his body moved to your side automatically.

You didn't notice him until he let out a painful whimper of your name, "Y/N". You snapped your head to the side quickly in disbelief, causing your body to twist violently. Instantly you cried out in pain, causing Draco to drop down to his knees and pull your body onto his bended knees.

"Draco" You gasped, gazing up at his face lovingly. It had been so long. Too long. But you were so glad he had found you. You scanned his face a few times, taking it in his stunning features that you had missed. You stared into his eyes, watching as small tears fell from them.

"Stop frowning, baby. You know you'll get wrinkles" You breathed with a small smile on your face. You lifted your hand to his face and stroked his cheek softly with your thumb. Draco sighed and nuzzled himself into your hand for a few moments of content before panic set into his eyes again.

"Y/N.W-What happened?" He stuttered, cupping your face into his hands and caressing your cheekbones, "I-I don't know what to do. I lost my mother's wand and I can't lift the rubble by myself I- "

You shushed Draco by lifting a finger to his lips, "Don't say anything, Draco. Please, just hold me. I've missed you so much". You nuzzled yourself closer to him to provoke him. Draco responded to this the way you wanted as he used his arms to scoop your upper body and pull you close to him in a cradle position. You rested your lower back on his legs and pressed your head on his chest.