Deception | Chapter Fourteen

"What do you mean she just up and left?!" Hawks somewhat shouted into his phone. People around him jumped a little, sending stares his way. He truly didn't mean to raise his voice in such a public place, but who in the world was dumb enough to let her leave?

A sigh resonated from the other side, "I left Kiyoshi at the apartment to go alert Reina and Aimi about the situation, but as soon as I got back he was gone and so was she." She explained. He could hear the distressed tone in her voice, both of them not knowing where to proceed next.

Mei was aware that this was her fault. She knew today was May 8th, yet she still decided to call the two people Y/n least wanted to see or know about this whole situation. Why did she even call them? What did she think was going to happen? Mei just wanted to ensure her best friend's safety but she was guaranteed that she just made it ten times worse.

Though what else did she expect? Did she really believe that Y/n would give up and comply so easily. That was just neanderthal thinking. She should've knew better. Maybe restraining her was smarter, or letting Hawks in. God, she gave that stupid boss one job and he just decided to leave. What was his deal? Did he have anything more important than this?

Hawks pinched the bridge of his nose, biting the inside of his cheek to compose himself. He didn't know what to think right now. He wanted to go and grill Kiyoshi for allowing Y/n to escape, but he needed to find Y/n first. It was the afternoon, so where would Y/n go during this time? She wouldn't be at her apartment, she was much smarter to do that if she wanted to hide.

"Okay, well, what about Reina and Aimi? Have you heard anything from them?" He questioned. There was a long pause, Hawks wondering what was taking her so long to answer. They didn't have all this free time.

What Hawks didn't know was when Mei left, she went to go meet up with Aimi. From doing that, she learned all about Y/n's plan that she created weeks in advance. Apparently, Y/n was in this secluded place with all of the locks bolted, no windows, and no sharp objects to leave. Aimi claimed that she wasn't so sure on how she got out since she was certain that the doors were heavily secure.

But, then again what did they expect against five demons inside of her? There wasn't much that they could do. It wasn't like they could go pick up a book from the library about this. None of this made sense. If only they could talk with the person she inherited this quirk from. Maybe they knew more on what to do, because right now they were stuck. So, the female could only assume that the demons forced their way out. Not that Mei wanted to blame it on one person, but it was probably Agiel who insisted on doing something like that.

Mei also wanted to shift the blame on Y/n. Why in the world did she insist on doing this all alone? Was she crazy in the head? If Y/n did end up telling them, they could've made a plan a hundred times more safer. Plus, they could've covered for her. Mei wouldn't have called the two males if she knew Y/n was in trouble. It was just common sense. They were best friends, so why didn't she say anything. And better yet, Y/n told Aimi over her? She couldn't help but feel both hurt and betrayed.

She just wanted this day to blow over quick so the original Y/n could come back, and for them to have a serious talk that was long overdue.

"I went over Reina's house and called Aimi over. They said they knew nothing about this, so looks like everyone was left in the dark." Mei lied. It was the least she could do after messing up by calling him over anyway, "I just think she's not feeling too well."

Hawks shook his head, "Nah. That's a false accusation, because she takes this same day off every single year. This is something that was already planned years prior. Something is up." He explained.

"Doesn't she just take this day off for her birthday? I mean, a lot of people take a little vacation day right before their birthday." Mei tried to stray him away from the obvious evidence. This was bad. Hawks was a smart one, so he could figure this entire thing out in seconds if this kept going. Mei was aware on how much Y/n didn't want that. Y/n would really kill Mei then.