Hokkaido Shrine Festival Pt 1| Chapter Nineteen

"Ugh, we're finally here!" Reina exclaimed, immediately stretching as she stepped out of the driver's seat.

Mei squealed, nearly pushing herself out of the passenger seat. "Oh my gosh! It's so beautiful!" She drowned in excitement.

The group overlooked the area, the sun falling behind the horizon but still shining a tangerine color with a shade of fire to it, peaks of mountains vaguely shown in the background. Y/n nodded, agreeing with Mei. It was absolutely beautiful.

The trip from Musutafu to Hokkaido took nearly three hours. Rei and Mei sat in the front, while Aimi and her boyfriend were in the middle. Hawks and Y/n took the back, mostly so Hawks could have some room for his wings without them feeling squashed.

In the car, Mei finally told the group the itinerary for the next two and a half days they were going to spend together. Today was just the drive, and to see the famous flowerbed in Furano. It was mostly Mei's idea, but the group didn't necessarily mind.

"Yeah, it is." Hawks agreed, his eyes laid on Y/n.

"Okay, let's take a look at these flowers so we can get back on the road," Reina stated.

The group slowly ambled towards the flowerbed; their eyes stuck on the colorful buds leading up to the enormous gallery of florets that rested ahead of them. It felt like a reminder of how beautiful the Earth truly was. Nobody ever cared until it was presented right in front of them.

"So, I'm just a little confused. Was she not exposed to being a gold-digger?" Hawks could hear Aimi's boyfriend, Shin'ichi whispering to the female who stood beside him. Quickly, Aimi softly punched his arm, indicating for him to stop. She was aware of Hawks's heightened hearing.

Choosing not to reply, Hawks just sneered. Even though he's expressed many times that the tapes were faked, people still think it's true. People were just clueless and wanted drama at any chance they could get. How pathetic.

"Okay, so we have about fifteen to twenty minutes here, then we have to get back on the road. It's an hour and a half drive." Reina stated aloud whilst checking her silver Credor watch.

Mei giggled, "You sound like a dad."

A side eye came from Reina, not particularly liking her joke. But then again, it was Mei, she sort of liked the small jokes she threw her way.

"Well, in order to be a dad, I'd have to have a kid." She retorted, "Fortunately, I don't."

"Yeah, right. You treat all of us like kids. Except for me, you could never belittle me like that."

"Then what do I treat you like?" She inquired.

Mei gave it some thought, a small 'hm' coming from her.

Slightly, she shrugged, "Not sure. Maybe I'll just be the mom then." Mei shone her smile at the female, sending Reina a playful wink.

Reina could feel her heart skip a beat. Her face heated up. The thought of Mei and her raising kids, living together in a house, and waking up next to her beautiful face every morning started to ease its way into her mind.

Finding Reina's silence as pleading the fifth, Mei laughed again.

"I'm just kidding. I bet you'd hate to be married to me."

Y/n wanted to laugh as well. She knew Mei wasn't oblivious, but she also wasn't sure if Mei was aware of Reina's feelings over her for the past several years. She would be pretty dumb if she didn't actually somewhat realize them by now, but then again, Reina should've had the guts to finally man up and confess to her since then.