Reconcile | Chapter Eighteen

Nearly two weeks had passed, and Y/n still had received no contact from Hawks.

She was still wallowing in her own despair because of the fact that Hawks wanted nothing to do with her, but she was also a little sad now that she couldn't live her life in peace. Most of the population would remember the name "Y/n L/n, the girl who fucked up her chance with the prestige Hawks." People would know her wherever she went now.

Though she felt heartbreak, she was glad that Hawks was beginning to show his face around town again. He started to post things on his social media and continue with his hero tendencies like nothing ever happened. Though, both of them knew a lot happened that shouldn't have.

Thankfully, the one good thing he did was debunk the whole situation on Twitter, commenting about how the audio tapes were indeed fake and were being investigated.

Y/n wasn't really sure if they were really being investigated, because not one cop or pro hero has come to her for questioning, but then again, that wasn't the most important thing on her mind right now. She'd deal with that later.

Currently, she was thinking of a game plan to convince Hawks to talk to her again. She was aware that he wanted a break and she respected that, but giving it more thought, why did he need a break? She was sure that she did nothing wrong, and a break was just useless. Plus, two weeks was enough of a small break.

Y/n needed him back, and she was going to do everything in her power to make sure she didn't lose him for good.

Before he mentioned having a break, he said that he believed that she wasn't the actual Y/n in the audio tapes. Plus, he randomly showed up at Kiyoshi's residence for her—which she still wasn't sure how he knew that she was there—so it meant that he still had some sort of feelings for her.

Yeah, she knew she could be thinking a little delusional right now, but how else was she supposed to feel? Dejected and give up? That was never in Y/n's nature to begin with.

The female sat on Reina's couch, a notebook in hand and a pen sitting between her clenched teeth. She wore a puzzled look, a little weary from how hard she was thinking. For the tenth time, her eyes analyzed the letter that was written in the notebook. Midway through, she groaned, dropping the notebook and grabbing her forehead in frustration.

"What's wrong? Your love letter not going well?" Mei chimed.

Y/n rolled her eyes, "It's not a love letter. It's an apology letter. But now it's just going to be a balled-up piece of paper, because it sucks." She responded, tearing out the paper from the notebook and doing exactly what she said.

"Writing down emotions are hard. Why don't you just speak to him in person and tell him how you feel." She shrugged.

"Yea, I did tell him how I felt, and he literally did not care. Like at all! I poured my heart out actually and he completely disregarded it. So much for telling him how I feel." Y/n bit her lip in distress. She had no idea what to do at this point. "Besides, I have no idea where to find him. I doubt he even wants to see me."

At this point, Aimi directed her head at the conversation, shaking her head gently.

"Whenever my boyfriend and I argue, we end up going days without talking. But we always make up. We sit down and talk about it maturely and apologize for our wrongdoings. Moral of the story though, he wants to see you, trust me. Right now, he's just conflicted, confused and in the spotlight of everything. But he still likes you." Aimi clarified for her.

Y/n gave a slow nod roll, allowing the information to truly enter her mind. So, all she needed was to sit down with him and have a good conversation about what happened and how to move on. Hopefully they would move on together and forget this even happened.