Mothers | Chapter Seven

"My sweet baby!" A high pitch voice rang in Y/n's head.

Y/n swiveled herself around in her seat, making eye contact with the woman she called her mother. She let out one sigh to prepare herself for the oncoming interrogation.

"Hi, Mom."

"You don't sound lively. Is everything okay? That's not the usual greeting I get."

"Well, you did kinda piss off my friend and I was doing something." She replied. Her mother bent down slightly and grabbed onto Y/n's cheek, squeezing it gently.

"I'm sorry, I was just so anxious to see my little pumpkin."

Y/n scrunched her nose at the pet name, choosing not to reply to that. Her eyes fell down on to the paper work that laid in her mother's hand. She could only read one word which was 'signature'.

I knew this wasn't a normal visit.

She had sat down in her seat, taking her coat off of her arms and around the chair. She didn't even need a coat. It was the beginning of May, it was warm.

"Why'd we have to meet in a restaurant though? It's been two years and I still haven't seen your current residence." Y/n opened her mouth before she was rudely interrupted. "Oh no. Sweetie, you don't have to be afraid to tell me if you're homeless."

Y/n's eye twitched at the 'caring' comment, taking a deep breath.

"I'm not homeless, Mom. Besides, I brought you to a restaurant, because I know what you're gonna say."

"What would I say?"

You'd criticize everything about it.

"Nothing. Just look at your menu, so we can eat." Her mom grabbed onto the menu, and read the front grinning a little.

"Are you treating me?"

"No."

Y/n could see her mother's grin falter as she read through the menu. Y/n was already aware of what she wanted, since this was her go to restaurant almost every time. This restaurant was also only five minutes away from her apartment.

"All of the parents in Kanazawa wanted me to tell you that they miss you! They're surprised that it has already been four years since you've moved." She smiled again.

Y/n looked up at her slightly, "Tell them I said thanks for thinking about me." She said subtly, choosing to distract herself with something else.

The female looked down at her phone and pulled up Kiyoshi's contact name, immediately typing.

me
so sorry that i had to bail, pls forgive me

She sent the send button, setting her phone down on the table. The restaurant engaged in multiple conversations, the warm air hitting against Y/n every time the door opened.

She propped her hand on the table, her chin resting in her palm as she stared at her mother. Even though she was her biological mother, they looked nothing alike. But, she figured it was because of her mother's quirk.

She had purple hair, and white eyes. Surprisingly, at an age of forty turning on fifty she had no wrinkles on her face. It was as if she was still twenty.

Of course she had looked bizarre to other people on the street, but to her she looked normal.

kiyoshi
don't worry. family issues r more important. besides i'll just see you @ work tomorrow

me
actually, i think my mom wants me to stay with her tomorrow. something about not feeling safe or whatever. i think it's a lie but i just gotta make sure, right?