Forgiveness | Chapter Seventeen

Y/n's eyebrows pulled together, her eyes darting across her screen to reread Hawks's message for the nth time. She couldn't believe that this was real, that something this crazy was actually happening to her.

Her lips parted, a long breath escaping her lungs. It wasn't even intentional, but it felt like all the oxygen in her room was taken away, becoming harder to breathe. She had thought this was stress, but this was nothing like that. She was just exposed to all of Japan, maybe to other continents. This was way worse than stress.

me

keigo, what are you talking about? i never once took advantage of you, i promise.

Y/n quickly pressed send. Yea, all she had to do was clear it up with him, and things would get resolved. She stared at her phone, watching her message turn from blue to green.

"He blocked me?" She muttered, found in disbelief. She dug her teeth into her bottom lip, completely lost on what to do. It wasn't like she could leave considering the crowd standing at her apartment door.

Hearing a ding sound from her phone, Y/n peered at the new notification to have come through. She scoffed as she took in the information.

Audio exposed of Wolfsbane's assistant, Y/n L/n being a gold digger towards the pro hero, Hawks.

Becoming more curious, she clicked onto the news article notification, three long paragraphs being written. At the top it was a forty second clip, a couple of paragraphs following after. Y/n pressed play, clicking the volume button on the left side of her phone to increase the sound.

The audio was muffled a bit at first, until she heard a clearer voice. Specifically, hers.

"Hawks? Yeah, he's cute and all, but if he seriously thinks that I like him for him, he's insane." A laugh sounded.

"He's just so lame. Like, he's unfunny, so weird, and just plain out boring."

Another voice sounded. This voice was oddly unfamiliar, she had never heard of it before. This definitely wasn't someone she knew.

"I know right! Honestly, I think I liked him better when I knew him as a pro hero and not personally. Every time we get together, I want to go home."

"If only he knew how boring and useless he is outside of his job."

"Seriously girl! He makes everything about his job, it's so annoying. Like we get it you save lives, shut up about it."

The other girl snickered, "Just drop him already."

"Trust me, I would have, but have you seen the money on this man? Imagine what would happen if we actually got far? I could potentially be married to one of the richest people in all of Japan!"

"You know what, you're right! Forget what I said, you have to keep leading this man on. If it works, you have to send me monthly pay as a thank you for helping you."

"Y/n" giggled, "Of course I will. Just keep all this a secret. I'm sure it would all go smooth if no one finds out. Deal?"

"Deal." The girl agreed.

The audio ended, silence filling her room once more. She had no idea how, but the audio did sound just like her. It was a completely fake audio, but it was a damn good one. One thing she was grateful about was that the audio didn't include anyone that she actually knew like Reina and the other girls, or they would've gone down with her as well.

It was just then she realized the depth of this situation. "I'm being framed." She whispered.

Her eyes strolled down the article again, reading the numerous paragraphs that went into detail. She had no idea why she was entertaining into these lies, but she had to know every single thing.