Twenty Two | Chapter Fifteen

Y/n rose from her bed, the birds singing their familiar song and the sun peeking through her curtains from outside. This was probably the first time she's had such a good night rest in a while. She didn't have to go to work, deal with any papers, put a fake smile on all day. She didn't have to do any of that today.

Ever since the whole May 8th thing passed, everything went quite well. Not to mention, when her and Hawks were in the car, her demons also seemed to settle down. Maybe they had their own taste of fun and decided to back down for a while which played into her favor. She was able to spend some quality time with Hawks without him growing any more suspicion on the situation.

Four days have passed since then, and Y/n felt better than ever. Usually everytime this happens, she ends up having one of the best sleeps that she has ever had, and wakes up sometimes very energetic. Also, there was a tinge of excitement in her knowing that she was able to go another day without having to worry about her demons seeping out and having someone catch that.

She already slipped up once with the whole blood lust thing at U.A, plus it was suspicious in itself that Principal Nezu didn't seem to care all too much even after claiming how dangerous her bloodlust was. But, she wasn't complaining, she was rather glad that he trusted her enough to figure out what was going on with herself which was strange but appreciated.

Now, she had the day off and had no distractions or people bothering her. Today was all to herself and she was definitely going to spend it good.

The female scratched her head, her eyesight trailing to her bedroom door. It was slightly ajar, Y/n being able to see the smallest bits of her kitchen from the crack. Then it dawned on her, she was sure that she closed her door last night. Not even just sure. Every night Y/n leaves her bedroom door close while she sleeps just because. It was more than weird that it somehow was cracked.

Dropping her hand from her head, she lowered her legs from the bed and gently stepped onto the cold tiled floor. Y/n walked towards her door, sounds of clicks and clanks sounding throughout the room. She was sort of lost on how she didn't wake up from all this noise.

Her hand gripped onto her door handle, pulling it towards her to open it fully. Doing so, the sight of a body with long black hair into a lower ponytail, and spices and pans all over her counter gave her an immediate answer as to who this could possibly be.

A scoff parted from her lips as she stepped out watching this disaster come apart.

"Mei Chisaka." A little rasped came from Y/n's voice, but nonetheless it completely startled her best friend.

She jumped, her hand flying to her chest to clench it out of fear as she whipped around, "Y/n L/n! Jeez, a warning please?" Mei sighed. Y/n laughed while shaking her head.

"Well, I didn't expect to see someone in my kitchen cooking whatever this is." She directed her hand in a line of all the ingredients on her counter. She had no problem with the mess as long as she wasn't going to take part in cleaning it up. Mei watched her guiding hand, Y/n noticing the smallest twitch in her eyebrow.

Mei scoffed, "Well, excuse me for trying to cook something nice for my best friend on her...." Her words trailed off as she finally remembered the reason why she was even here, "BIRTHDAY!" She suddenly shouted, a wide smile curving the corner of her lips.

Y/n snorted, her eyesight trailing down as laughter spilled from her mouth. Gosh, she was so ridiculous.

Mei jogged from around the counter, embracing Y/n in a warm hug. Her best friend was safe and finally twenty two. Being twenty two didn't really make a difference from turning twenty one, but it was brag worthy when one turned twenty two. Mei only had a few more months to go, then she too would be the same age.