Chapter Ten

I never realized how boring nights were when I wasn't tired. Usually I was at the Ranch with Titan and Samara and when I wasn't. I was here in my room sleeping but tonight I wasn't tired and had nothing to do. Everyone else in Camp was asleep, probably dreaming their night away. I wanted to text Samara but I knew she would be sleeping. She told that she was going to try to go to sleep early tonight. I was starting to believe that something really was going on with her. I wished she would talk to me.

I willed myself to sleep but my body wouldn't listen. I tossed and turned, trying to find a comfortable spot to lay so I could drift off but my body just wouldn’t shut off. No matter how still I stayed. My body was already use to my weird schedule of not needing sleep every other day. I finally gave up and went to go sit at my desk.

I was counting how many pens and pencils I had in a mug on my desk when my phone started vibrating on my nightstand. Someone was awake. I thought, leaping out of my chair. I threw myself on my bed, reaching for the phone as turned on my back.

It was a text from Titan. I wiggled happily on my bed. I was saved from my boredom.

[received] Please tell me you're awake.

I smiled, texting him back.

[sent] Yes! And bored out of my mind. I was just wondering if someone could die from boredom. 

My phone vibrated again immediately.

[received]  Funny. I was just asking myself the same question.

[sent] lol. What are you doing?

[received] Nothing. Waiting for tomorrow.

[sent] What's happening tomorrow?

[received] Well, I'll be so weak I won't be able to move for half of the day.

[sent] And this happens every Saturday?

I wrote back curious.

[received] Yes.

[sent] There goes Saturday night clubbing for the rest of my life.

[sent] How will I live without dancing the Saturday nights away?

[sent] I get Saturday night fever often.

[received] Funny.

[sent] Why can't you just say lol like a normal person?

[received] Because I never laugh out loud.

[sent] Funny. I texted using his expression.

[received] Lol. He texted back using mine.

[sent] I thought you said you never laughed out loud.

[received] I don't. You imagined it.

[sent] I have proof. It's on my phone.

[received] It can be erased.

[sent] Are you threatening my phone?

[received] Never. I don't threaten pretty girls and their phones.

[sent] No you just flatter them.

[received] Only the ones I'm dating.

[sent] And how many is that?

[received] Including you?