Chapter Fifteen

I was so nervous. Not only was I going to try to convince everyone that peace was something that we truly needed but I was also going to see Titan for the first time in over three months. My heart raced just thinking about seeing him again.

I practiced what I wanted to say but I was sure I would still mess up and forget to say things. Elias said he would go but he wasn't going to help me in anyway. He was still pouting about talking to Vrykolakes about peace. He was only doing it to grant his grandmother's last wish. He would grumble every time I tried to get him more involved.

I was unable to sleep the night before, thinking about everything that was going to happen. As soon as we told everyone about Koretta and peace with the Vrykolakes, we sent Jacen as a messenger to Titan's ranch. No one wanted the job. The only reason Jacen agreed was because Tamanna had volunteered herself when no one else would.

I would have gone myself but Aliesha said I wasn't allowed. When Jacen came back, with the news that the Vrykolakes agreed to meet at the river in two days, I think I was the only one that was excited about it.

Two days had seemed like forever to me. I wanted to get it over with it.

I dressed in my formal queen attire. Aliesha even made me wear my crown. I didn't want to wear it, remembering how heavy it was. I tried telling her that I didn't need it since we were only going into the forest but she wouldn't hear it. She told me the queen and king always dressed formally when doing important things.

When I walked outside to meet Elias, I was surprised to see him wearing what he usually wore when he came to visit. I walked up to him, the heavy crown weighing my head down. I never knew gold could be so cumbersome.

"Why aren't you dressed in your formal clothes?" I asked.

"We're going into the forest. Why would I want to wear my heavy robes and crown?" He looked me up and down. "Trying to impress that boyfriend of yours?"

"No." I glared. "Aliesha told me I had to wear my formal clothes."

He looked behind me. "We better start heading out before she tries to make me dress up. How many guards are you bringing?"

"Aliesha is making me bring three including herself. Tamanna wanted to come but Jacen and Aliesha told her it was too dangerous in her condition."

Elias nodded. "Have you seen her lately? She is as big as a house."

"Of course, I've seen her. She comes over every day with terrifying stories about childbirth. I don't want children because of her."

"Tell me about it. Jacen won't shut up about it either. That's one of the reasons I told him he didn't have to come with us today. You'll have to protect me if your boyfriend and his friends decide to attack us."

"He's not my boyfriend anymore and they won't attack us."

He shrugged. "If you say so."

I rolled my eyes. "Let's go."

I was anxious all the way to the river. We were a little earlier so Kyros and Titan and whoever was supposed to come still weren't there. I was getting more worried by the minute. I hoped everything went as I planned.

"No one's here." Elias announced.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." I sassed.

That earned a giggle from one of my guards.

Elias looked back at the young guard and smiled. The girl blushed to her roots. Aliesha and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes. She would brag about that later to the rest of the Camp.