Chapter Seventeen

I paced in the living room of my suite after talking to Elias and the pack members about the offer that the Vrykolakes Elders made us. Everyone had told me that it was my decision but I knew that some of the Males weren’t too happy with the offer but they wanted what Elias and I wanted. Peace. With peace we wouldn’t have to worry about being attack. And now that the Males and females planned to live together. The camp was going to be fuller than ever. We didn’t want any accidents to happen. We wanted it to be safe for the future generations. The children that would live at the Camp.

Children.

That brought back to the second problem with this whole thing the Elders were demanding in order to get peace. A baby. They wanted me to have a baby. I wasn’t ready for a child. What if it turned out to be, like, a serial killer because Titan and I were bad parents or something?

            I was freaking out about everything when I heard a knock at my door. I knew it was Titan because I hadn’t seen him since our talk earlier in the day and I knew no one else would dare bother me while I was trying to make this decision.

            I went and opened the door. I was right. Titan stood there looking as handsome as ever in a white t-shirt and jeans. I was still in my formal gown because I couldn’t really take it off by myself.

            “Can I come in?” He asked, with a smile.

            I stepped aside and let him in. I needed to talk to him again. I wanted to make sure that he was okay with marrying me on the Elders’ commend. I also wanted to talk about this whole baby business. I closed the door behind him and followed him back into the living room of my suite.

            “I’m glad you’re here.” I told him as he turned to face me. “I wanted to talk to you again.”

Before I could understand what he was up to. He got down on one knee, taking out a velvety black box. I knew what was going on but I still in shock. I thought once the Vrykolakes Elders told us what we had to do in order to get the peace we asked for, that all romantic proposals were out the window. I knew that we didn’t really have a choice in the subject but still I was happy with what Titan was doing.

            “Jayla,” Titan began. “I know that you probably think that I’m only going along with the Elders’ wishes for us to get married but I really did have plans to ask you this question one day.” He paused to smile. “I was giving you time to realize what a big mistake you had made when you broke off our relationship before I went after you. I planned on kidnapping you if you didn’t agree. I didn’t care if I started a war or not. I wasn’t going to let some puppy king have you.”

            I had to roll my eyes at his nickname for Elias.

            “This is going to sound really cheesy so bear with me, please.” He paused again but this time it was to take a deep breath. He seemed nervous and I couldn’t really believe it. I was so used to cocky Titan. “From the moment I saw you, I’ve felt drawn to you. I’m not like Kyros, meaning I’m not a monk, so I know what lust is. I’ve lusted over quite a bit of people if I’m being perfectly honest.”

            There was my overconfident Titan. I pretended to glare at him. “I don’t think you should say that during a proposal.”

            He held up a finger. “Wait, I’m getting to the good part.”

            I bit back a smile and just nodded.

            “Where was I?” He rubbed his nonexistent beard. “Ah yes. I’ve lusted over quite a few people and many lusted over me.” He grinned. “But when I saw you and wanted you. It wasn’t the same as before. It was something beyond lust. I’m sure I told you this before but I didn’t really believe in love at first sight until you came along.”