Chapter Twenty Six

Tate's Pov
Back and forth my eyes shifted around a soft like warm feeling staying with me. This place here was one of my many happy safe spaces and there's not many places like that left for me.

"Sorry if it's a little messy.. Been doing some more research and stuff baby but you know your way around just make yourself at home and relax." We weren't even a few steps inside the apartment before Spencer was doing the cute little ramblings. The tight grip on my backpack with most of my sleep clothes and a new outfit for the weekend was safely in my bag.

My vans hitting the hard wood floor. "Babe I've been here plenty I think I can handle a lot of books. Though I bet it has changed a lot since I have been gone." A small little giggle left me hearing the front door shut behind me.  Spencer walked around me after kissing my forehead a couple times he started taking off his jacket tossing it to the couch.

"Always know how to make me feel better, I'm gonna cook something light, is Pasta okay baby girl?" The small little brain shivers ranked through me slipping my shoes off to rest near the door.

"Are you trying to make me slip Spencer?" I chuckled walking into the hallway near the bedroom, placing the backpack on the floor walking back out to plop on the living room, reaching over to grab the large book that was resting on the table stand.  I smiled placing the scrap book in my lap stroking at the cover.

It was such a good idea to give it to him. And it seems like he was always looking at it from time to time. "Maybe I know you've been stressed princess, so why not make our weekend sleepover relaxing." Another little chuckle left me but I started scanning my eyes over each page gently.

"You are the best, I assume you've been keeping pickles safe babe?" I peeked up from the strands of my dyed curly red hair getting into my eye sight tracing the photos.

"Yes he's chilling out on my bed, listening to me ramble and read text books, so baby before I make you slip for the night we gotta have a talk." I fluttered my eyes on confusion cause that was one sentence that always stuck fear inside me. It just made too much fear.

"Okay I'm listening." I sat up a little noticing Spencer had made his way from the kitchen over to me on the couch kneeling in front of me. I focused my eyes on him seeing him smiling at me softly.

"Tate you know that I love you, and that all I truly want is your happiness and safety, which always means you telling me your problems when you feel comfortable to share them with me. You also know I don't like profiling you. But sometimes I can't help it you know." I gave a few short head nods, puffing my cheeks out looking down. I stroked at the cover of the scrap book even more.

"Yeah.. It use to be so easy explaining myself but now it just feels like a really big block on my mind." I smiled sadly taking a breather recalling my chat with Aaron. I had to push the little block away and just let it slip out with ease.

Spencer held out both hands grabbing my hands showing me eyes of concern but he kept the expression of softness.

"Have you maybe been drinking to help the bad thoughts go away sweetie?" I at first avoided eye contact cause of shame but then looked back into his eyes nodding my head a couple times. The hard feeling in my throat increasing, making it a little hard for me to swallow but I spoke through the strain.

"I just thought it would help me Spencer... And I was afraid to talk... I'm sorry I know I've disappointed you and Derek." I felt the shame wash over me feeling Spencer's arms then wrapped around me bringing me very close to his body.

"Tate no no you haven't disappointed me at all, in fact.. I'm proud of you for being able to admit straight to me now that you have a problem and that I can now help you In a healthy matter. And I know for a fact that Derek isn't disappointed in you it's okay sweetie thank you for telling me don't cry."

I felt his hands connect to my cheeks feeling his thumb wiping away all the tears that unconsciously were just leaving me.

"I'm so proud of you Tate. And I'll always be proud of you baby."

___________________________
"Alright time for bed, you finish your hair routine baby girl?" I scrunched my face up a little tugging Spencer large shirt over my form climbing into the bed once I was done laying on my side.

"Yes all done daddy." I muttered snuggling up into the warmth of his bed and the mask scent of him clouding everywhere made me feel undeniably safe and all in a good place in little space.

"Alright good girl, you ate and colored a bit we will hang your pictures up in my office tomorrow." A little happy smile made it's way over my face, seeing Spencer was now in bed after shutting the lamp off he laid down with a small thump and heavy sigh.

"Hopefully we don't have any cases this weekend so we can just go do things princess." I poked at Spencer's forehead giggling quietly.

"Daddy catches the bad guys people need you." I saw a light smile grow over Spencer face before he gave a deep peck to my lips.

"People do need daddy, but so does my princess and that's even more important which Is why I think the best idea for both of us is for you to move in with me." My eyes grew a little at the idea.

"You want me to live with you?" I asked excitement growing Spencer let a soft chuckle out.

"I do yes baby girl would you like that?" My head was nodding at such a fast speed.

"I think it's a really really good idea Derek needs a girlfriend think he is waiting for me to move out."

"I think he needs one too but let's keep that a secret between us."

"Promise daddy."