Chapter Ten

Reid's Pov
"Morgan! Wait Derek stop!" I was quick to rush after Morgan a pure state of panic, fear, but a really big part of my heart knew what was gonna happen. I was so careless, and not even thinking straight. I gripped Morgan's arm, feeling him quickly whip around pure anger with disgust.

"No Reid let me go right now man!" He exclaimed lightly yanking his arm away from me. "Thats my little sister! My seventeen year old sister Reid she's underage you know that!" My mind was racing a mile away. He wouldn't understand her little space at all. Only I did. Only I could take care of her in that way. And if I was fully honest.

I was madly in love with her even though it was really wrong, I couldn't help it. "N-no look Derek you don't understand she needs me." I stammered out fast gripping onto my hair deeply watching as he looked at me in  more disbelief.

"She needs you? What have you been sleeping with her? Reid you know the law it's rape and pedophilia you could go to jail!"

"I haven't been sleeping with her! But I am in love her listen Morgan what is wrong with her is beyond something only you can help.  It's so hard to explain but you have to understand, I care and love Tate. I would never hurt her at all, but you have to see she needs me." I whispered my heart slowly breaking into pieces.

He was looking at me in a way I never had seen before. "No Reid you are right, I don't understand what you to have. I don't understand how you two are in love, but you're gonna stay away from her.  That's an order, after the case, you two aren't allowed to talk, hangout not even look at each other." My whole entire world seemed to shift and shatter as I heard that.

"Derek.. No please you can't do this, this will break her." I cracked over fresh newley streams of tears started to leave me.

I made a promise to her as her caregiver, as her daddy to never leave. She'll never trust me.. Or look at me the same again.

"I'm sorry Reid but it's the only way... I'm sorry."

_____________________________
Tate's Pov
It's hard to believe it's been two weeks. Two of the longest weeks of my life. Two weeks without his hugs. Two weeks without hearing his voice in person and on the phone.  Two weeks without my daddy and little space. I felt almost empty and incomplete. I knew Derek wasn't gonna let me or Spencer talk to each other ever again.

Not after the kiss from a few weeks ago. even though it killed me inside, and a few nights I cried to sleep. I didn't want Spencer to go to jail or lose his job because of me.

That wouldn't be fair at all. But knowing I give him longing looks, and all he can do is quickly look away or walk in the other direction, hurt and sting more then anything in the world.

I laid in bed staring at the wall, the dark giving me just a little bit of reassuring. I had taken a few of my medication that I needed to take. My gaze never leaving my phone as I held it.

I waited anxiously just for his name to pop up for us to have a late night call where he could help me fall asleep, but I knew that wasn't gonna happen, not anytime soon.

I slowly clicked on an old voicemail he left me not to long away holding my phone close to my ear just so I could listen to his voice more.

"Hey little one, you know it's late and you shouldn't be up so late, you know you get grumpy, and fuzzy, sleep well for daddy okay, just imagine me stroking your hair and reading you bedtime stories alright my perfect baby girl good night." I slowly started sobbing quietly into my pillow once the voicemail ended.

It hurt so bad and I didn't even understand why it hurt. But it lounged and aches for so much more. My body was shaking and I let my memory remember it the best I could.

As quickly as I could I muffled my cries, and wiped at my cheeks when my bedroom door opened and in Derek peeked in.

"Tate? Are you okay?" He whispered to me in a small hush voice. I took a deep breath slowly hiding in the crack in my voice as I spoke just so I didn't worry him, just so I didn't have to explain why I was really crying to sleep.

"Yeah I just need sleep Derek, a lot of sleep for a few days, that's all I need."