Chapter Two

Tate's Pov
"Tate! Come get these books." I blinked to myself confused sitting at the countertops in the kitchen looking through a cookbook Derek had lying around, looking through all the recipes I knew for a given fact he wasn't gonna cook.

"Coming!" I called back shutting the book completely closed. Sliding off the stool my bare feet hitting the hardwood as I made my way to him in the living room, seeing him with a whole bunch of books in his grip.

I slide my way over to him scooping all the books up chuckling. "Derek you didn't need to grab so many, I only read these when I have free time," I explained to him.

He gave me a playful look in response ruffling up my messy curls. "Appreciate that your big brother got you books nerd, go put them up I'll be upstairs." He chuckled.

I smiled shaking my head making my way over towards the bookshelves placing the books on them. It only had been a few days since I officially moved in with Derek and a little settled in. My room was all set blue and black my favorite colors. A few times Derek had to go head in for his job. Which he finally now that I am much older explained to me in greater details about what he did.

It kinda made me wanna meet his team more now than ever, especially after he described everyone to me so I could get a picture of everyone.

The small chime of the doorbell sounded out through the house once I had placed the last book in its place. I lifted an eyebrow more confused, looking over by the stairs wondering if Derek heard but saw he wasn't making his way back down.

Oh lord if it's a serial killer already I thought amused. I made my way over to the front door peeking through the peephole unlocking the door.

Leaning my body against the door frame seeing a white male and white female, the female blonde the male with brown curly hair and features that highlighted his features.

"Hi is Derek here?" The woman asked confused looking at me then towards the male who also looked confused.

"He is actually, " I spoke and a small little click went off in my head. "You must be JJ And Dr. Spencer Reid," I called in sudden realization, seeing them both look in more confusion.

"Tate Morgan, I'm Derek's Sister," I explained watching both their eyes go wide. "Come in," I answered shyly holding the door open for them. I stepped in calling out to Derek.

"Derek! Two of your team members are here!" I shouted peeking up around the stairs leaning on the railing.

"I'm coming!' He shouted back. I smile to myself and turned back around to face the two.

"Yeah I'm sorry we never met, I'm seventeen  and started living with Derek a few days ago," I explained,

"Oh don't worry it's alright, just a little surprised that's all, we thought we met all of Morgan's sisters," JJ told me surprised. I cracked another smile watching Derek make his way down the stairs.

"JJ, Reid," Derek called with a grin smiling. He looked at them. "I see you've met Tate, she's my youngest sister and she's staying with me for a while Tate this is pretty boy aka Reid, and JJ I work with them." He explained to me.

I gave them both a small wave with a timid smile.

"It's nice to put a face to the names, thank you guys for always keeping my hard-headed brother out of trouble." I laughed feeling Derek pull me into a playful hug holding me by my shoulders.

"You better watch it honey bee." He laughed softly. JJ kept a smile across her face, but Dr. Reid was so quiet studying me and my actions.

"Can I just say you're so pretty, and not like Morgan at all." He suddenly blurted out startling all of us, including me who grew flustered not use to hearing those words at all.

"Well thank you, Doctor." I stammered watching Derek lift an eyebrow almost in surprise.

"She most likely gets that from our mom, we're actually half-siblings we have different dads," Derek explained pressing a kiss onto my head.

"Our mom never raised us like that, she said family is family no matter blood," I explained.

"Wise words," Spencer said with a small shy smile.

"Well they came here for you, I assume its work, I should leave you to it." I joked pulling out of Derek's grip.

"Oh no, you can stay if you like Tate, we actually would like to know you more." Spencer stammered out giving me a soft smile and it was a kind, shy nervous one, kinda like the ones I give.

"Okay." I said kindly and Derek ruffled my hair one more time, before we made our way to the living room.

I sat down on the carpet finding comfort there than on the couch watching all three of them all start chatting deeply.

But Dr. Reid seemed to glance at me a bit, and his gaze seemed to know what was hiding behind my eyes. Because he gave me another soft smile and head nod as I flicked my gaze to face away from him, to gaze at my lap shyly yet again.