Chapter Fifteen

Tate's Pov
"So are we gonna ignore the fact that I got into a fight last month?" I was trying my hardest to glance and focus up on Derek but the music in the house was actually quite loud, with quite a few drunk adults wandering around. The big day finally hit around, I was finally eighteen.

It sounded more fun inside my mind. But I still felt like I was seventeen. Not much has changed with the small expectation of my chest and boobs growing an extra set of heavyweight. Could be the antidepressants and the stress eating, but Derek wanted to throw a little eighteen celebration with the team of course.

I didn't know they were such lightweights. Well, expect for Hotch and Rossi. Spencer was semi-responsible which I would expect from him.

"Tate come on I promise you, no one is mad about you for what you did, I promise, now enjoy this it is your day." Derek pressed a sloppy kiss into my forehead and I whined out but I had a smile across my face watching Garcia pull him along to dance with him with the music.

I never thought I would see the day my older brother was drunk. Once I knew he was away and his loud laugher was away. I sunk away to head to my bedroom for some alone time. Entering my bedroom. I flopped down on my bed releasing a soft sigh out in content.

Well, I actually made it to my eighteenth birthday. I'm amazed. "I knew you would be up here." I lifted my head up just a small bit to see Spencer was casually leaned up against the door framed, his head titled looking at me with a soft smile.

"Hey, babe." I greeted him with a small giggle flopping my head back in place.

"You haven't slipped in a while have you?" I gave him a soft head nod, covering my eyes with my arm. I felt my bed had dipped a little before I felt his hands running across my hair.

"Slip baby girl." I shut my eyes tightly and tried to fight it but he could always do that easily. I rolled over and wrapped my arms around his waist hiding in his chest. He wrapped his arms around my sides and kissed my forehead.

"You know today is a happy day, you've made it to another year with all the hardships, you are so strong and I'm so proud of you."  My heart swelled with happiness and I looked up at Spencer and carefully moved the hair away from his eyesight.

"Thank you, daddy... That made me feel better." He lifted my chin up and pecked my lips over and over gently.

"I love seeing you smiley and happy, you've lived, just look at stronger than ever and you have me and everyone else supporting you every way." My face felt hot to the touch hearing Spencer talking like this it still surprises me.

I let a happy giggle out and quickly jumped on Spencer happily hearing him release a soft laugh out sitting up he held me close.

"Happy birthday baby girl, you're eighteen." He whispered cupping my face still smiling at me, holding my heated cheeks in his palm.

"Happy birthday to me. " I whispered quietly leaning forward I kissed his nose and hopped up giggling not noticing the playful look he gave me.

I grabbed a small box from off my desk and climbed back in bed, sitting back on his lap "I know it's not my birthday but I also got you something since you gave me that bracelet today." I giggled noticing the surprise look going across his face taking the small black box from me.

"Baby girl you didn't have to, oh my gosh I think it's bad luck to give a gift when it's your birthday." Spencer started doing the thing he did best and that was naming off random facts he had.

I giggled and quickly cupped his face giving him a big kiss on the lips giggling on his lips, I puffed his lips out. "Daddy shhh be quiet I wanted to get you a gift since you've been really amazing to me for these past few months." I giggled seeing the softness grow inside his eyes.

Before he clicked open the box exposing the watch, I saw him eying a while back when he took me on a little lunch date right after the whole suspension happened.

His whole face lit up and he looked up at me with a really happy smile. "Oh my god baby it's so beautiful thank you so much you didn't have to." He quickly wrapped his arms around me throwing me into a deep hug pulling to closer to him.

I laughed quietly wrapping my arms around his neck happily, nuzzling his neck. "You're welcome daddy really thank you for everything you've done for me. I wouldn't know what it means to be strong." I whispered.

He breathed out a soft chuckle and swayed me side to side. "You deserve everything good in life and with me in your life. I think I can make that happen. My precious baby girl, my little one." He whispered kissing the side of my head and like always the happiness stayed fueling up my whole entire heart.

So far this birthday was amazing. Minus my drunk brother who I could hear calling out names from downstairs. I slipped the brand new watch onto Spencer's wrist and he started to adjust the time before he helped me out of my bed holding me close to him. We left my room heading downstairs to face a lot of drunk, laughing faces.

I think seeing a drunk Emily and JJ was gonna stay very fresh on my mind for quite a while. It was a strange little family I got to have with Derek and his friends but they were an amazing family.