Chapter Thirty Three

Tate's Pov
"How did you even let the house get like this Derek?" I could hear my voice bouncing around the living room, a few times, hearing his footsteps moving around near the kitchen. He was walking around in a circle back and forth tossing things into the trashbin.

"Okay in my defense I haven't had time to clean you little bugaboo! But I don't appreciate you taking some time to come help your favorite older brother." A smile collected on my face tugging at the sleeves to cover my hands some more, setting aside the clutter, I moved across the floor tossing it in the large trash can, looking around a few more times.

"You are my only brother, course I have to love you." I laughed out quietly, squeaking when I felt him come up from behind me putting me in a headache hug, which I tried my best to return, a single kiss being placed on my forehead at the same time.

It felt like an entirety spending time with Derek, even though I grew up with our sisters.  I always felt much closer to Derek for some odd reason, maybe it was just a slight brother and sister bond, I always trusted Derek and even when knowing the unknown he stubbornly took the time to learn as well.

"So how was your trip? Even though I know you weren't really on a trip for a month." I choked slightly from embarrassment, spinning around to face Derek with a little whine, my hands moving to mess with my curls, a few strands falling into my eye sight.

"What? No way I was on a trip-" I never paused so quickly at the look Derek gave me, his fingers tapping at his chin.

"Baby girl is many things, but lying isn't her strongest suit, she couldn't even ignore me if she tried. I had a feeling you were there." I groaned holding my face with my sleeves as I chuckled a bit.

"Garcia...  I'm not surprised she freaks out about everything. She was very worried about me, but watching her at home is interesting she's an amazing cook." I chuckled making my way into the kitchen to leaning on the island holding my cheeks more, finding comfort in the small warmth.

"I didn't wanna bug anyone, she babied me a lot, but it was good time to recover and think." I smiled faintly as Derek also leaned against the counter top, watching me interested like.

"I also know you and Reid went to go talk?" I held my cheeks even more nodding my head slowly a few times, that was over there weeks ago, it was very stuck in my mind, so much happening in one place at once.

"Yeah, Aaron and Rossi locked us in the briefing room till we talked, me and him had you know a small agreement to come to terms with... He freaked out a lot. I never seen him so stressed. Why didn't anyone tell me that... That woman she is dead?" Derek tensed up right away, his hands pressed on his cheek, A heavy sigh soon followed after from his lips.

"A lot was going on Tate... The whole Reid cheating which I did cuss him out about, then the case actually involving Maeve, Reid confirmed that they only were staying as friends cause something big happened," I rubbed at my face a couple more times my sleeves finally dropping from my cheeks.

"That's why we came to agreement for therapy after I come back from visiting Mom." Derek stared at me for a moment in surprise, his eyes wide.

"You are visiting Mom? How come." I tapped my fingers across my cheeks a few times.

"She asked me too actually, she said it's been forever, and that I need to do a daily check in on my life plus maybe it will do some good to see her. She's pretty good listening sometimes when she isn't freaking out." We both shared a soft laugh with one another.

"Is Spencer coming with you?" I shook my head no a couple times.

"No he is staying back here to fix up the apartment, scheduling therapy for the both of us, I'll be gone for a week." I explained it all out. It was gonna be a very long long week, but it was worth it to not be cooped up to long.

"I missed us having these talks Tate, your nerdy rambles, or the causally falling on the floor." I rolled my eyes at his loud laughter, pushing myself off the counter to grab a water bottle from the fridge.

"Oh right just laugh at my misery that's so fun, ha ha, when are you gonna let me meet your girlfriend?" The loudest choke left Derek so fast, I could hear him coughing patting at his chest a few times do.

"Who the hell said I had a girlfriend!" I snickered even more deeply taking a sip from the cold water.

"Obviously not Blake, she's closer to Spencer, but JJ and Garcia told me, so is it true."

Derek was still coughing roughly before speaking through his laughter, I lifted an eyebrow at him clearly with amusement, my eyes sparkling a bit.

"Swiftly moving on! Next topic Why do you keep covering your hands with your sleeves, it's happened five times." I giggled quietly, holding my hands in closed around the water.

"Cause my hands are cold, I'm a very cold blooded character, I get cold fast." I gestured around a few more times clearing my throat quickly, setting the water bottle aside.

"Don't we have some cleaning to do?" I teased to him, both of us got work on leaving the kitchen I was half way out the door  when Derek had grabbed my hand at such a super fast speed causing me to freak out.

"Hey Derek! Excuse you! You're in my bubble."

"Get the fuck out of here... No way!"