Chapter Thirty Seven

*Mentions of rape, abuse, addiction

Tate's Pov
"Alright! So I wanna get this started so I want you both to start from the beginning, it's nice way to ease the tension." I don't think it took much of a single glance to notice that both me and Spencer was nervous, if I could recall no one really liked having so many people in their business all at once.

Therapy really was a method to help people, others saw it as another loop hole for problems. Both me and Spencer sparred glanced at one another, my fingers grazed across my ring, slightly twisting it as feeling him place his hand on my lower back rubbing at it slowly.

"I guess the beginning is, around five years ago? Maybe longer it's been a long time actually." I chuckled faintly rubbing the bridge of my nose slowly fluttering my eyes a couple times. How to get my thoughts in a proper place.

"I met Spencer when I was seventeen, when I moved in with my brother he also works with my older brother," I paused yet again sighing as I spoke.

"We have a little age gap in our relationship...  Spencer has always been kind to me. When we started dating it was because Spencer was helping me with my age regression." I saw the red haired woman glance up for a moment from what she was writing.

"A coping mechanism?" She questioned in a soft voice. Spencer sat up straight nodding his head slowly as he spoke as well avoiding her eyes for a quick moment.

"It was never in no way sexual, it was strictly me helping her when she was stressed. Or other things. Then it turned into a romantic love, we had to get permission from her brother to be together, and I never did anything sexual with her till we felt comfortable when it ever felt right." I once again nodded my head deeply a few times still tracing my ring.

"Tate would you like to explain to me why you have an age regression?" I felt Spencer keep his entire hand on my lower back, giving me a sad look, but a look of encouragement as well.

"When I was younger around middle school age I was raped at school, I went through a lot of battles with that, even being put on medication for my depression. When I got older. They then again abused me for days. I then struggled through addiction to alcohol. And here I am now." She then looked away from me to Spencer who sighed heavily but spoke gently.

"In my early twenties I had an addiction to Dilaudid, my job... I've had a lot of near death experiences with being an FBI agent. I've been shot, I've been drugged. Kidnapped. In the sense of socializing I'm not the smartest in that field. So when meeting Tate it sort of opened up another new world." I saw the therapist flashing us both a soft but sad smile as she sat up better in her chair speaking to us both.

"In most people the best way to connect with someone is by the traumas they share its the easiest way to bond with someone. So because you guys have a long history of trauma it was easier  for you both to connect and bond." I smiled faintly which I could see actually.

"Alright now let's talk about here and now. What send you both over the edge that therapy was needed?" Spencer placed his arms over my shoulders a heavy sigh leaving him, quietly eyes shifting down.

"Recently I screwed up our relationships by cheating with a doctor that was helping me, I didn't tell Tate right away because I didn't think it was cheating because... We didn't have sex." I looked at the floor a bit.

"Cheating comes in all forms. Cheating can be emotional doesn't always have to be sexual. It can be having a connection that you have with your s/o being with someone else." I nodded my head slowly with each of her words a couple times.

"We broke up for around a month to give one another space, then he proposed to me, I took him back so we could try and fix things because I really do love him. He's all I know." I laughed gently sighing frustrated raising my hand to my brown cheeks to wipe away the tears, seeing Spencer doing the same with his cheeks.

"I can see you two wanna fix what's been broken. I'll admit it's very hard to, trust is hard to earn back. But you two are taking the steps. So I would say, you two are doing the right thing." I took a huge breathers in, it was actually kinda nice to have all the tension I had been holding in these past year's just  like flow out of me with ease.

"Now that I know briefly about your history why don't you both say something to one another, something you never really had said." It was like in sync we both turned to face one another, my leg bouncing up and down a few times with anxiety before I spoke gently.

"I guess I should start by saying.. Spencer you've always been so kind and caring to me. Always understanding and willing to help me. I'm all honesty I know that when we fought I said you were the worst thing to happen to me but. You've always been the best thing to happen to me." I chuckled quietly holding my cheek for a quick second. I saw him looking down at his lap, shoulders shaking slightly as he then spoke his voice trembling quietly.

"Tate... I never meant to hurt you with my my careless actions. Nor did I ever wanna break the trust that took so long for us to build up... And that I hope when you do forgive me... That you know I've never loved anyone the way I love you baby girl." The faint smile stayed in my face grabbing his hands gently squeeze at, feeling my own hands trembling.

First session... More intense then I was expecting.