Chapter Twenty Four

Tate's Pov
"Okay so I have a like a small big problem and you need to promise not to tell anyone?"

"Tate who the hell am I gonna tell? I'm in another state girly, I promise your secret is safe with me." A very hard and harsh sigh slipped past my lips. Sitting in the middle of the floor of my bedroom, while I painted my nails to keep me busy also to stop the annoying feeling from growing. But that was a more easy thought then done.

"So you know how last month I came back home, so everyone threw this little party you know just the people my brother work with and Spencer." I heard Kat on the other line making small humming noises as she listened.

"Yeah how'd it go tell me everything?" I smiled inhaling waving my hand to let the dark blue color dry.

"Well it was nice I got to see everyone, Spencer was very clingy but it was just nice, but so Emily let me try some wine and I think I have a huge problem, I think I like drinking Kat.. Like I feel bad but like Derek has so many bottles around the house so while he heads out to work I'll just crack open a bottle and drink it, it makes so much stress go away and like all I do after I drink is act a little stupid then I pass out sleep." I groaned out explaining it.

"Ah fuck Tate, drinking is not a good stress reliever. If you aren't careful it could turn into a real problem." I shut my eyes nodding along with her words.

"Yeah I know it's really bad but I don't know how to stop now Kat." I whispered I pressed my open palm on my forehead.

"Talk to Spencer... If you want any kind of reassurance besides me, and your brother he knows better then anyone else about addiction." I slowly opened my eyes again. God he has gone through so much is still stronger then anyone I have ever known.

"Yeah... He does. But I don't wanna be a bother you know? Maybe drinking won't make other worry about me, but thanks for letting me talk to you Kat."

"Tate in being serious I will beat you into the next month if you don't start opening up to those around you, but of course you can always talk to me okay?"

___________________________
The talk was fresh presented into my mind, but I just couldn't shake it away. I was fearful of being sunk into addiction with alcohol and it was like a comfort when no one was around. But bottles among bottles were being drowned on a daily.

Strange enough Derek would just say he needed to buy more, and never questioned the missing bottles. I sighed quietly looking around my room lifting the heavy weight bottle up I drank the cold bitter taste letting it coat my mouth.

I chugged it down quickly still I panicked quickly sliding the empty bottle under my bed with ease where other bottles were hidden. I would have to clean them later at least.

"Tate?" I perked up at the knocking messing with my curly hair trying not to freak out.

"Its open." I gulped a little in confusion hearing both Derek and Spencer's voice. I wiped any of the left over red liquid from my lips the profound flavor of cherry in my mouth I focused my half hazy eyes on Derek and Spencer entering.

"Hey, so we got a case, I'll make sure to text you how long I might be gone." Derek quickly gestured around at me. Poking his head in not even all the way in my room.

"Alright be safe." I chuckled standing up, I made sure I wasn't stumbling or anything Derek rushed out the room leaving me with Spencer.

"Now you, be safe my favorite boy wonder." I snorted out a soft giggle, cupping his face nuzzling his nose. He chuckled deeply wrapping me in a hug.

"Now when do you ever call me that hmm? I'm always safe but there's always like a 90% chance something could happen statically." I giggled again and rubbed my thumbs across his cheeks.

"I promise when I get back we will have a day just you and me, and you can get back to the habit of slipping, and rules." I must have been drunk because I found what he was saying funny when it shouldn't have been at all.

"Okay, okay." I spoke through my giggles Spencer suddenly studied me. After he pressed a very small and quick kiss to my lips, before he pulled his head back.

"Tate? Are you okay?" I blinked my round eyes a few times playing it cool.

"Of course Spencer I've never been better." I answered him a little.

"You smell like... Cherry flavor alcohol." He lifted an eyebrow to gaze at me fully.

"I had a sore throat and drank some coffee syrup." I nodded my head easily with such a dumb lie. Why couldn't I tell him? Why was it so hard to tell people that I wasn't okay without being fearful of being a bother to my brother, my boyfriend to anyone.

Spencer didn't looked convinced for a moment and moved his hands away from my hips to touch at my face and forehead.

"I'm gonna call you when we land and through out when I'm gone understood?" I recognized the time in his voice and it had been a while hearing his caregiver voice. God I felt the urge to slip right there.

"Understood." I mumbled looking down feeling him pulling me towards him again.

"You worry me a lot Tate, you are like Morgan in so many ways, you both hide what bugs you and bothers you, understand I am here alright baby? I feel so useless some times when you need to understand I'm here and I'm not going anywhere alright?" My arms locked around his back to keep his scent around me keeping me at ease.

"You aren't useless babe, you are amazing I'm trying to open up. It's just hard sometimes but I promise things will get better." I muttered on his chest he pulled back to gaze at me kissing my forehead a couple times.

"I love you, be safe also do your college work, and don't stay up too late, you procrastinate baby girl." I whined seeing that boyish smile on his face. When he slipped away after pressing one more quick kiss to my lips slipping out of my room. I could hear Derek teasing Spencer downstairs from the stairs.

"I love you baby girl, don't stay up too late."

"Morgan shut up."

I laughed quietly listening till the front door sounded out. It was just me now in this empty home. I sighed laying down on the bed my mind swirling around like mad.

I shouldn't be lying... Maybe I could talk to Aaron he always felt like a dad I wish I had.