WTF!?

Mires eyes slowly adjust to the sunlight in his room and he rubs his head.

"ugh Mom what happened to me last night? I can't seem to remember it is coming up blank."

"Oh well some doctors wanted to see you so I took you in to see them and they held you overnight."

"Okay I feel like"

Mires makes a movement that describes how he feels which is like his head is full of cobwebs.

"Hey Mom gonna head out okay?"

"Yeah that's fine by me!"

"See you later Mum!"

Mires heads to his favorite spot in the city where the sun always shines and where the cliff stands in the sunset. He gazes at the sky wishing he could join the birds in their dance through the clouds. He feels light like he could just be carried away by the wind as he thinks about that his back makes a quiet pop and he feels like he's being pulled out closer to the edge of the cliff. He looks behind him and sees large wings sprouting from just below his shoulder blades. He thinks. Thhose are some big wings, wait WTF is happening people don't have wings why do I have wings WTF is happening to me WTF WTF WTF WTF!? He slowly breaths in then out when he is calm he thinks those doctors last night did they do this to me? If so then I must be able to use them. Why else would I have them? Mires slowly walks to the edge of the cliff that the ancient oak sprouts from and spreads his wings wide, feeling the air current he jumps.