FOURTEEN

When Adeline and the rest of the group got to the ritual sight, they had already been beaten there by the original family. Adeline rushed up to the circle of fire where Esther was chanting, holding her hands over the flames.

"Mother!" Elijah yelled. "Mother stop right now. We don't want to have to kill you."

Esther didn't move, she wasn't going to stop. It didn't matter what kind of threats they said, she wanted them dead.

"I must correct my abomination!" She yelled, and continued chanting. Finn stood beside her, he was in on it, aiding her the whole time.

"Nik, do something!" Rebecca screamed.

You could see the demon emerge in Klaus's eyes. He didn't take kindly to anyone trying to kill him. It was his mother — and he should try to find another way but there wasn't one. After all, he killed her once, he can do it again.

Klaus broke through the ring of fire, hurling at his mom quicker than anyone could see. He punched his hand into her chest and ripped her heart out, and turned back towards the group of shocked faces holding the bloody heart in his hand. Blood was dripping down his arm— he furrowed his brows and asked "who's next?"

"Niklaus— thats enough." Elijah ordered, stepping forward. "Mother is dead, we are safe. That's enough."

"No— I don't think it is. You see, they tried to have us killed." Klaus shouted, eyeing down the Salvatore brothers.

"They should pay for it." Kol agreed, standing behind his brother— ready to fight.

Stefan and Damon looked between each other with wide eyes. They knew this might not end well for them, but that's the price you pay when you try to kill an original.

"Would it help if I told you we were here to help you in the end?" Damon shrugged.

"Not in the slightest." Klaus scowled.

"No Niklaus!" Finn shouted. "It is you who deserves to die, you are an abomination. You all are!"

Klaus turned to his brother with an evil smirk draped across his face. His fists were clenched tightly at his sides.

"I guess you have forgotten, you are just like us." Klaus scoffed.

"I will never be like you Klaus. You are a monster." Finn spat through gritted teeth. "And I may not be able to kill you now that mom is gone, but I can make sure you never find happiness."

Finn sped across the circle and stood behind Adeline, grabbing her by the throat.

"Finn No!" Elijah yelled

"Stop!" Klaus screamed, his face went white and his whole body tensed. Adeline gasped and it felt like she couldn't breathe.

Finn didn't listen to his brothers. He placed his hands on both sides of her head and twisted, snapping her neck. Adelines body dropped to the ground, and she didn't move.

"No!" Klaus screamed at the top of his lungs. It was the kind of scream that echoed and could be heard for miles.

Elena began sobbing and dropped to her knees. Stefan and Damon both rushed to Adeline, kneeling beside her lifeless body.

The anger ran through Klaus like a current on a river, it was pure rage. His body temperature had risen and his skin felt hot. He took off after Finn, and used all his forced to chop his head off with his hand. The blood splattered on to Klaus's face.

"I am going to kill every single one of you." Klaus threatened turning to Stefan, Elena and Damon. "Had you idiots not tried to cross us, this wouldn't have happened!"