TWENTY SIX

Pregnant— Adeline Andrew's was pregnant with Klaus Mikaelsons baby, that much she knew for sure. When she woke up— she was in a soft bed instead of on the cold floor, and the chains that bound her wrists were gone. She remembered Elijah and Klaus getting her out of there, and she was grateful to be safe and away from the psycho witches of New Orleans.

"Good morning." Elijah smiled standing in the doorway of Adelines room.

"Morning." She groaned sitting up to face him. "You're awful chipper this morning."

"I am actually." Elijah admitted. "For the first time, since my family and I became what we are— good things are happening for us."

Adeline felt flutters in her stomach at Elijah's words, she liked that he saw this pregnancy as such a good thing. She had never seen him quite so happy.

"You are a good thing that's happened to us." He admitted "probably the best thing."

"Flattering but I doubt that." She said modestly.

"I mean it." He said walking across the room and sitting on the edge of her bed. "I knew when I met you— you were different, in a good way of course."

Adeline smiled and wanted to thank Elijah for his compliments but was abruptly cut off by Klaus's intrusion.

"Elijah— can you give me a minute alone with the mother of my child?" He huffed, klaus was so easily jealous. Adeline could tell he didn't like his brother being as kind to Adeline as he was— he saw it as something more, when it wasn't.

"It's okay he can stay." Adeline protested. She wasn't ready to be alone with the Hybrid yet, she was still upset about him and the now deceased Haley.

"I didn't ask for your input." Klaus growled.

"No worries— I was just going anyways." Elijah stood off the bed, smoothing his suit before he headed out the door leaving the couple alone.

Klaus stood beside the bed, staring down at Adeline who was glaring back. She thought the silence was going to linger on forever— both of them just staring.

"How are you feeling?" Klaus asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know— I don't feel any different yet." She admitted.

"It's still early on, probably takes a little I suppose." He shrugged. "Not that I know much about pregnancy, let alone supernatural ones."

Adeline just nodded and picked the book up off the nightstand behind her and began to flip through the pages. She wasn't really reading, she just wanted to distract herself from having to talk to Klaus. She was still hurt and it was hard to look at him.

"You can hardly look at me anymore." He sighed. He could always tell exactly what she was feeling, like they were connected.

"I'm hurt Klaus. You slept with someone else, so soon." She admitted.

"It meant nothing to me— it was a one night stand. I had been drinking, I was lonely." He huffed. "But I didn't... she meant nothing."

"Shes dead you know." Adeline pointed out. "Marcels men killed her— no wolves in the quarter they said."

Klaus rolled his eyes, just another one of marcels stupid rules that he couldn't stand. He didn't feel sorry for the girls death — after all he barely knew her. He just hated that Marcel had men loyal enough to kill on sight for no reason.

"Marcels men." He huffed. "Of course. Well, a shame I suppose."

"Yeah." Adeline breathed.

Klaus sat down on the bed with Adeline, inching closer to her. He placed a finger underneath her chin and pulled her face up to meet his.