FIFTEEN

A few days had passed since Adelines transition. She was still trying to get her emotions under control, but things were getting a little better. She only had drunk from blood bags, and barely left the Mikaelson house. She was afraid of what she might do around humans. Bonnie made her friend a daylight ring that Adeline now wore on her right index finger.

All the original family were surprisingly kind and were trying to help her ease through her transition. It was almost like they had accepted her as one of their own, and Adeline appreciated that—especially since she no longer had a family of her own.

Klaus and Adeline hadn't touched since the kiss they shared before she drank her first sip of blood. He was letting her sort through her emotions without adding more fuel to the fire—Adeline also hadn't spoken to her friends about her and Klaus. Now that she was a vampire, the guilt of lying to them was suffocating. Elena had her suspicions, but she refused to believe it.

"Good Morning love." Klaus smirked from the head of the table as Adeline joined the originals in the dining room.

"I made breakfast." Kol laughed, tossing a blood bag down in front of the girl.

Adeline picked up the blood bag and began to sip, draining it of its contents.

"So—I thought I would go back to my house today." She started, staring at Klaus on the opposite end of the table. "I mean, I've been staying here long enough—I appreciate your help with my transition."

Klaus slammed his cup down on the table but didn't say a word—instead he stared at the girl with cold eyes.

'Adeline, you do not have to leave." Elijah spoke gently. "You are more than welcome to stay with us."

"Thanks." She smiled at Elijah. "But I think I need to learn how to survive like this—you like the new me on my own."

Elijah smiled sympathetic at the girl. He understood what she was saying, but he knew his brother would not feel the same. Klaus still sat in his place, running his tongue over his teeth, staring at the blonde.

The tension in the room was building so Adeline decided to leave it at that, if Klaus had nothing to say—then so be it. She walked up the stairs and started gathering up her things. She was in the middle of shoving a shirt into her bag when her wrist was grabbed tightly.

"Ouch." She turned around and glared at a visibly upset Klaus.

"Why are you doing this?" he scolded.

"All I'm doing is going home." She insisted. "I need to learn out to survive without you babying me."

"Then learn here."

"I can't!" she argued.

"Why not?" he shouted.

"Because!" she yelled. "Because I don't even know what this is! I haven't told my friends anything about whatever is going on between us and you know why Klaus? Because its wrong. Because you have hurt them and me. You murdered so many people."

Klaus's eyes narrowed and he scoffed under his breath.

"This again then?" he snapped. "One moment you are asking me to kiss you and the next you feel guilty and think I'm a monster?"

Adeline shook her head. She didn't think Klaus was a monster—maybe she used to. She used to think he was heartless, but she knew now that wasn't the case. He had protected her and cared for her. She was just having a hard time sorting through her emotions, everything was becoming so jumbled together.

"Klaus— I'm just trying to sort through my feelings." She breathed.

"Go then!" he shouted. "Get the hell out of my house!"