Funhouse

Previously on Escape The Night...

The tension between Colleen and Joey rises. And the group commits acts of torture to cleanse the next artifact. Joey proves himself by finding the second Lazarus coin and pushes the group to murder one of their own to cleanse the artifact. The Lazarus box is opened, and a friend is brought back from the dead.

October 13, 1977

Mortimer is shown sitting on a motorcycle. He looks behind him and there is a bunch of blue smoke and a caravan appears. A man with white hair is watching this, licking a lollipop. He walks over to the Carnival Master as he appears from the caravan. The Carnival Master waves his arms and a tent is set up and there's an arch in front of the huge tent of a clown's face and mouth. "Hey, mister. Do you need a hand?" asks the man with white hair. "I think it's you who needs a hand, Willie," replies the Carnival Master nonchalantly. "How do you know my name?" "I know a lot about you, Willie. I know your wife thinks you're the biggest mistake she made in her life and you haven't sold an insurance plan in weeks. How's that conversation gonna go?" A weird artifact in the shape of a spiral appears in the Carnival Master's hands. Mortimer watches nervously from a safe distance. "But I have another option. Right now, I need a fun house man."

Willie takes the artifact home and places it on his desk and spins it. As he does, his eyes start to glow red and he emits a burst of evil laughter. Willie's wife walks into the house in a huff. "Bank called. They didn't get a payment, you loser!" The wife then suddenly looks at her surroundings and sees that everything in the house is the wrong way round. She then looks at her husband wearing some sort of head with multiple faces. Willie aims a gun at his wife. "Nice to see you too, darling."

Y/N's POV:

I'm sitting on the couch, my arms crossed, tears silently falling down my face. I angrily brush them away with a fist. "Joey, what's going on?" asks Manny.

Y/N: "It's been 30 minutes since Joey's played the harp and I'm starting to think this just some sick and twisted joke."

Ro starts waving her arms weirdly around the harp, almost as if willing it to work and I shake my head and sigh.

Y/N: "At this point, I don't even mind if I die. Colleen's gone. Mat's gone. All I have now is Ro, but...she voted for Colleen. I want to trust her, and at the moment, this little cinnamon roll is the only person I have."

"This harp is faulty," says Manny. "Please work, please work, please work," mutters Joey. "Oh, obviously it's gonna work if Joey says something," I snap. Everyone looks at me. "What? He wanted Teala gone. She's dead. He wanted Colleen gone. She's dead. You've got everything you've wanted but now, you've just gotta kill the rest of us to get your bloody way."

"Okay Y/N, that is so unfair," replies Joey. "It is not unfair! I'm speaking the truth!" "No, you're not, I've already explained myself!" "FUCK YOUR EXPLANATION!" I scream and everyone falls silent. "I need some air," I say before opening the door and slamming it shut.

I walk around the town and for some reason, it feels like I've been here before. Like I recognise this place. Almost like I've lived here all my life. It's nothing right?

Y/N: "I hear a bunch of screaming back in the lounge so I run back because, even though I'm mad at my friends, I don't want them to die. Anyways so I walk in..."

"Guys what's wro-" Manny appeared to be hugging someone and I recognised that jacket. He then turns to look at me.

Y/N: "Oh. My. Gosh. Matt is back, I'm so happy!"

"Oh my Gosh, Matt!" I yell and I run and tackle him in a hug. I was going to kiss him until I saw what he looked like. Shocked. Confused. I helped him sit down on the couch. "It worked...it worked!" says Ro, engulfing Joey in a hug.