Twin Dolls

Previously on Escape The Night...

Joey's secret had begun to unravel. The adventurers have found half the artifacts and escaped the strongman's prison. Ro uncovers a Lazarus coin. Romance starts to spark
"If this is when I die the last person I want to see is you." Matt is killed in the final challenge.

July 19, 1978

A man in a suit walks up to a church and closes the door. He turns around and sees the Carnival Master holding a wooden doll held by strings. "I can make them so alive and magical. Everyone in town will need one. And soon they'll be knocking down your door," says the Carnival Master. "What do I need to do?" asks the man. "Place your hands on the altar", replies the Carnival Master. The man does so and the Carnival Master gives him the wooden doll. The man walks to his shop and hangs it on a small piece of rope on the ceiling. "Children, we'll be able to keep the shop now. I'll never let anything happen to you. I promise", smiles the dollmaker. The wooden doll glows and energy starts to flow into the two child-size twin dolls. The man goes to sleep and the twins wake up, each holding a knife. "Knife. Knife. Knife" they repeat over and over again. "KNIFE!" they both suddenly scream stabbing the man repeatedly as he screams.

Y/N's POV:

We're all sitting in Fatman Slims. It's silent until Colleen says "I'm over this! All my friends are dying! Matt was one of our last hopes, now he's dead because of Joey, thank you so much." "Tell me about it", I say. "Wha- if anything, blame Manny!" replies Joey. "Me?" "You went up against him!" yells Joey. "Cause I'm the strongest bitch here!" says Manny. "Hey, guys!" I say standing up on the table. Everyone looks at me. "Why don't we all just shut up and drink away our sorrows", I say chugging a bottle of alcohol.

Colleen: "I'm a bit concerned about Y/N drinking right now. I've been friends with her since high school and she's never gotten drunk before so...this is a first."

"Hey Y/N are you okay?" asks Safiya. "Yeah, I'm great! You know, I killed JC and Roi, now my best friend and almost my boyfriend just died so yeah, I'm doing amazing!"

Joey: "Yikes".

"Look, drinking is not the solution Y/N. You saw Veronica. Stop." says Safiya. "Alright". I throw the bottle on the ground causing everyone to jump. "Can you somehow bring them back to life? You guys don't know what I went through! The only person who would understand is Ro and Manny because they, like me, was in a death challenge!" I yell. Everyone goes silent. "I'm gonna go outside and...throw up. I'll be right back" I say walking outside. I throw up.

Y/N: "I think this is the last time I'm drinking alcohol".

I walk back inside. "You okay now?" asks Manny. "I think? I guess. I don't know we should just move forward", I say. "Listen up guys. I've come to the conclusion we're all gonna die anyway, so we might as well just enjoy our last moments," says Colleen. "Cheers to that", says Nikita.

Joey: "Honestly, Colleen can go somewhere else, because she keeps pointing the finger at me. Go ahead, Colleen. Go talk to Mortimer".

I lean back a bit to listen to what Colleen and Mortimer are saying. "I don't want to be around Joey, cause I'm positive he's lying. So why don't you and I just leave together?" she says. "We need to find that coin and I'm gonna make it my mission to find that", says Joey.

Joey: "If I have to prove myself I will".

"I would honestly, love to do that", says Mortimer tucking a piece of Colleen's hair behind her ear.

Y/N: "Colleen *puts head in arms* don't flirt with Mortimer!"

"Let's just go upstairs, they're gonna die anyway", says Colleen. "I mean, we're gonna die anyway" replies Mortimer. "Colleen, what are you doing?" asks Joey. "Let her live her own damn fantasy," says Nikita.