Strong Like a Demon Part 2

Manny: "So our first challenge, we have to pull a tire, and we need to, like, run it across a frickin line".

The Strongman grabs me. "OW SHIT!" I scream. "Do this to save her", says the Strongman. They both tie the rope to their waist. "Begin!" yells Mortimer and they start running. Everyone is cheering them on. I start to cheer for Matt but the Strongman holds me tighter causing me to scream in pain. Matt is fast but unfortunately, Manny is faster.

Manny: "I smoked him. Manny 1, Matt 0".

Matt: "So...that's one event down."

The next activity is a shotput where they have to throw a metal ball as far as possible.

Matt: "So shotput is all based on technique, and I know that by running towards the line and then launching, I'm actually going to be launching the ball with more momentum. So I take a couple steps back, run forwards, and heave it".

"Nothing!" yells Veronica.

Manny: "He launches it pretty well and I'm thinking: 'Damn Dude'"

"Look how weak he is!" yells Veronica. "Exactly", says the Strongman.

Manny: "I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just gonna use momentum".

I watch the ball and it doesn't go as far as Matt's.

Colleen: "All of a sudden, Matt pulls out a win and I am shocked!"

"Good job Matt", says Joey. There are four buckets on the ground. Manny and Matt both pick up two with both hands and lift their arms up in the air. The first person's arms to give out, loses. "Begin guys", says Mortimer. Matt looks incredibly determined, but so does Manny.

Matt: "My arms just start convulsing".

Manny: "Oh my god, I'm starting to shake too, I'm starting to freak out a little bit".

Y/N: "I see Manny start to shake and I think there's hope for Matt, but then I look at him and I can see how much pain he's in, he's struggling to keep those buckets up...and then his arms drop".

"Damn it!" Matt yells.

Manny: "Manny 2, Matt 1".

"You're a bitch! By the way, my shoes are better, even though we're wearing the same. And you, you need to be working that other arm because that arm's too big", yells Nikita.

Nikita: "Honestly I felt as though I could have taken her. I could have even probably taken the one-armed man! I was so invested."

Manny and Matt then pick up two dumbells. "You gotta take them all the way down to Fat Man slims and back", says Mortimer. "Don't stop, you guys!" says Ro. "Go!"

Matt: "I can't lose focus and look over at Manny. I need to run my own race as fast as possible".

Manny: "I'm keeping up with him, and as soon as I get to the edge of Fat Man Slims, I slip, and I'm like, there's no way I'm gonna be able to recover".

As Manny slips, Matt manages to take the lead and wins! "Matt is the winner of the fourth challenge!" says Mortimer.

Matt: "So I win the farmer's carry. It's two, two."

"It's time for a tie-breaker", says Mortimer. "They can just stay", says Ro and Nikita.

Y/N: "So Mortimer pulls up the arm-wrestling table one more time and now I'm really nervous because last time Manny and Matt went against each other...it wasn't pretty".

Manny: "Hey Matt, I love you, just like in the beginning, but this is literally an arm-wrestling match to the death, and I'm going to try to win".

"Oh my god, I don't like this, I don't like this", says Joey. "You ready?" asks Mortimer. Manny and Matt nod. They then each put one hand on the arm-wrestling table and start arm-wrestling, both of them trying their hardest. Matt seems stronger and more determined than before and I start to have hope.

Manny: "What the hell, Matt? When did this- Like, you were not this strong before".

"You got no chance buddy!" yells the Strongman.

Matt: "I'm not going to give up, my life is at stake!"

"COME ON MATT!!!! COME ON YOU GOT THIS!!!" I scream. Matt's hand gets closer and closer to the table and I can feel tears in my eyes. I close my eyes as I can't watch. I hear a thud and I look up and see Manny was able to slam Matt's hand on the table.

Nikita: YESSSSS! OH MY GOD, MANNY WON! OF COURSE!"

Manny: "I win and I'm like: YESS I WON! And I'm freaking out, but then I realise, I look across, I see Matt, and I realise he's about to die."

My handcuffs break finally and my hands are free. "Two minutes to say your sappy goodbye's," says the Strongman to Matt. Matt runs to me and I start crying. "No, you can't die!"

"Don't worry Y/N, I might be dead, but I will never die in here," he says placing his hand on my heart. "But I don't want you to go", I say. He hugs me.

"If this is when I die the last person I want to see is you," he says to me. "That's so sweet", I say causing me to cry more.

He then leans in and kisses me. I am taken by shock but then I kiss back. "That's something I've wanted to do for a long time", he says. I kiss him again and sparks fly between us and it's almost like the world stops.

The Strongman grabs Matt and pulls us apart. "You ready to die?" asks the Strongman. Matt looks at him in fright. "You're gonna die!" screams the Strongman. "Look for the coin!" yells Matt as the Strongman grabs him by the throat.

Manny runs over, grabs the holy band of leather, and runs to the lounge with everyone else. "Look for the Lazarus coin!" screams Matt. "MATT!" I scream tears running down my face. Matt is then pushed to the ground and the Strongman repeatedly hits him over and over again and I'm just standing in shock.

"Y/N!" yells Colleen and I run inside. "H-he was j-just beaten to d-death" I stammer. Colleen and Ro hug me. Joey and Manny get the holy band of leather and wrap it around the pyramid and it glows, and the Strongman disintegrates into dust.

Safiya: "So we've cleansed the fourth artifact, but we've also lost Matt, which is probably our biggest loss up to this point".

"Just for the record, the strongest man, full face of makeup", says Manny.

Manny: "I'm thrilled at the fact that I won, but I'm also feeling devastated. And I'm thinking, did we just really mess up?"

Joey: "All my cards are on the table. There's nothing left to hide, and we just need to band together at this point if we want to make it out of here alive."

Y/N: "I'm trying not to feel hopeless. We do have one of the Lazarus coins now, and I'm just focusing on finding the next one and surviving.

Ro: "One of the many reasons I love Matt is because he is a team player. His last words were: 'Go find that other coin', and we have to do it. That's the only way we can honour him".

I'm holding onto his badge that Ro had clipped to my outfit earlier, and trying hard not to burst into tears. "Hey Y/N, we all saw what happened earlier, are you okay?" asks Colleen. "Yeah, I guess so..." I reply. Everyone then starts talking and everything just went mute for me. I didn't know how I was going to continue with my best friend gone from my side.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N:

Oh my gosh! I finally finished this after so long! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I promise I will try and finish chapter 6 as fast as possible! I am in a flood of tears right now. I know, that you guys probably didn't find it that sad but I'm actually crying. Anyways, let me know if I made any mistakes such as spelling, sentence structure etc. See you in the next chapter! (By the way, I had to split it into two parts because it was cutting off at certain parts probably because it was really long) (Creds to @SuperGirlyGamer125 for the line "If this is when I die the last person I want to see is you")