Wicked Witches

Previously on Escape the Night...

As the night is getting near its end, Matt returns from the dead, and most of the group enters the carnival master's funhouse to cleanse the next artifact and are quickly captured by its caretaker. Safiya and Ro escape and vote two into the challenge to die, or so they think. But the funhouse uses different rules. And Y/N discovers a terrifying truth about her past.

August 21, 1978

We centre on a church-like structure. The windows glow and it's clear that something magically evil is happening inside. "And the world will know, you are my queens of darkness," says the Carnival Master as he observes three witches, kneeling on the floor, waving their arms in certain motions as their wands glow a bright gold colour. They then all move their wands to the middle of the circle creating one big glow.

We then look into what the witches have done for their master. The first witch holds her wand up, a red glow at the tip of it, as she draws in a man without a shirt (showing his muscles off, mind you). They then embrace each other as the witch lets out a loud moan. "I need you to love me," starts the witch, catching her breath. "More than you love your wife."

"I do," nods the man. The witch then gasps as ripples of dark magic surround her. She then watches and the man slowly turns into bones as they drop to the floor.

"Bringers of evil..."

The second witch dances seductively on a pole as a man watches. The man throws some of his money at the witch. The witch walks over and places her foot on his leg. "I want all the money," she starts, caressing his head. The man groans in pleasure. "You greedy pig! ALL OF IT!" Purple energy bursts into the man's nose and mouth as he screams out in pain.

"Corrupters of the innocent..."

The third witch walks towards a young girl. "I knew you'd come," she says in a musky voice. "One of you bitches took my brother and I want him back, NOW!" The third witch places a hand around the girl's throat, silencing her. "No. I get what I want," answers the witch calmly as she raises an amulet. The girl is surrounded by a golden glow as she screams. She then quickly is transformed from a youthful girl to an old woman. Some of the golden glow enter the witches chest as she lets out a sigh of happiness. The witch leans in and says "boo" and the, now old woman, runs away.

"Curse this town...and everyone in it."

Y/N's POV

"It wasn't fair, Ro. She didn't have a chance," says Matt quietly as Ro rubs his back. I'm sitting on the couch in silent. No one's questioned it yet, probably assumed I'm thinking about Safiya, when I'm really thinking about that poster. It's in my pocket currently. Willie's words enter my head again. My thoughts are interrupted by Joey standing up abruptly. "Okay, guys, enough. None of us are gonna get out of here alive if we don't start working together."

Joey: "So on one hand we have Nikita and Manny who are acting like the 'mean girls' of the group. And then we have Ro and Matt, who are like the boy scouts. Then there's Y/N and I who just want to go home!"

I hear Matt and Nikita start arguing again and I lean against the couch, blocking out their words. This can't be a coincidence. Ever since I stepped in this town, I felt some weird...connection. I tried to fight it but, hearing what Willie said and the poster? I honestly don't know what to think anymore.

"Y/N?" everyone yells, looking at me. I suddenly turn and see that from the last time I looked at them, everyone's surrounding the map. "What?" "Did you not hear that creepy scream just now?!" asks Nikita. "No, I wasn't paying attention."