The Carnival Master

Previously on Escape The Night...

The remaining few find the last artifact, and battle the Carnival Master's daughter. Y/N is forced to make a dark choice. "Manny, I'm sorry." With the last artifact, they're ready to defeat the Carnival Master. But they've been betrayed. And the Carnival Master is free.

October 13th, 1978

The Society Against Evil's logo glows brightly as three members run forward, away from the logo, through a graveyard. They look upon the very church the Carnival Master was in, as there is a rush of blue smoke moving through the ground. "We're too late!" calls out the blonde woman. "We have to lock the town in time, now!" She nods, and an Asian man and Calliope all face different directions.

They kneel on one knee, and all open their mouths in unison and a rush of gold sparks flurry from it, their eyes also glowing gold. The sparks create almost an invisible force field around the town, and the three SAE members stand up. "The rest of the guardians will be coming," says the blonde. "I got 'em," says Calliope, unsheathing her sword and running off. The blonde looks over at the Asian man and nods, and they run together to the front of the church. They both shove the doors wide open and stare as the Carnival Master has his arms raised, blue sparks surrounding him.

He turns around to stare at them. "I knew you would come." He beckons them forward, challenging them. The blonde woman immediately runs at him and strikes him twice with both of her daggers. The Carnival Master stands, unharmed, and smacks her with the upside of his hand. The Asian man runs in to defend his friend and attempts to attack the Carnival Master with his weapons when the Carnival Master grabs him by the throat.

The Carnival Master holds him up in the air, staring him dead in the eyes. "Not today, boy." The Carnival Master then snaps his neck. The blonde woman then swipes at his neck, making him fall to the ground in shock, dropping the Asian man in the process. She smashes a small object and gold dust flurries around her.

She then sadly kneels down next to her fallen friend, putting a hand on his cheek. Purple energy surrounds the Carnival Master, as he draws power from the Life Stones the SAE members didn't realise needed to be destroyed. The SAE member starts to walk out of the church angrily, before stopping in her tracks as the sound of the Carnival Master's laughter echoes around the Church. "You can't kill me, Jael. I have the Life Stones." "You're wrong. Your daughter will return, and she'll be the one who kills you," Jael spits out. "No, actually, you're wrong." He laughs again. "She'll turn and we'll kill you and all the other members of your pathetic organisation. There's nothing you can do to stop that from happening."

She grunts angrily and swiftly turns around and storms towards the Carnival Masters, raising her daggers to attempt to kill him again when he strikes her through the chest. "All you've sacrificed is for nothing." She then opens her mouth, letting her magic encase the Carnival Master in Amber.

~

The girl stood there. Frightened. Confused. Betrayed. Her expression reflected the very same ones on her friend's face. She shook her head. "No. My father died years ago."

How dare this man- no. Not even man. This-this monster. How dare he stand in front of her and attempt to make her believe this was her father. If the words he spoke were true, she had been lied to for years.

"He didn't die. He's standing in front of you," came the response.

She shook her head, still in denial. "No, no-" She was then shoved to the ground by a woman in pink, wearing a blonde wig. Nikita.