The Man With No Name

Previously on Escape The Night...

The adventurers find the serpent's eyes and unleash the Snake Woman. Y/N knocks over the Jenga tower sending her into the final challenge. Roi is chosen to fight for his life. Y/N wins the challenge and cleanses the second artifact. "If any of you bitches argue again, I'm coming for you next". The group uncovers the mysterious Lazarus Box.

February 14, 1978

A man with a sort of disoriented face is running away from 2 hunters who are trying to kill him. The hunter aims a shot and barely misses the man hitting a tree right above the man's head. The hunters reload their guns and aim again - this time the bullet hits him in the back. Blood pours out everywhere, and the man drops to the floor in pain. "He certainly bleeds", says the Hunter to the other hunter. The man starts crawling, but his hand touches a boot. "I know your name", says the Carnival Master. "The world does not." The man looks up at the Carnival Master. The Carnival Master leans down, and the man sees he is holding a small statue. "Do you want the world to know your name? To fear you like the devil? I need you to stand and say yes," says the Carnival Master. The man gets up slowly. The man stutters. "SAY IT!" yells the Carnival Master. "Y-yes", stutters the man. The Carnival Master hands him the statue, and he takes it. The statue starts glowing green, and the man's body starts glowing green as well. The man screams as the Statue transforms him. Green fog surrounds the forest killing the hunters. The man's transformation has been complete.

Y/N's POV:

"The thing is we need to remember the pact we made at the beginning of this mission", says Matt. "No hard feelings", I say, staring into blank space. "We should also keep in mind that someone is lying to us", says Safiya. "And we need to stop with the tea being spilt and the fights and the drama because the sun is going to come up any second and we have a lot more work to do so we need to figure what's going on with this box," says Colleen. "Well I'm noticing that the box has the same symbols on it that were on your briefcase", I say.

Matt: "That symbol that was on top of the box is the same symbol that helped us with the séance to get us to the 1970s, to begin with."

"You said those were..." says Matt. "The Society Against Evil's symbol", says Joey. "What do you know about them?" asks Colleen. "Yeah, what do you know about that?" asks Nikita. "The Society Against Evil fights all evil", starts Joey.

Y/N: "No shit".

"I've been with them before", Joey finishes.

Joey: "Once Matt and Y/N start to realise there is a connection, I realise I should probably explain a little bit more".

"So they are the ones who are out to help this town?" asks Matt. "So they are with us?" asks Teala. "They failed in their mission, and that's why they're here", explains Joey.

Matt: "2 people have died, and now you decide that this is important information for us to know Joey? I'm not buying it".

"If they failed, how are we supposed to succeed?" asks Nikita. "Joey is there anything in your past that we should know because if there is, now would be a good time to tell us", I ask Joey.

Joey: "They don't know what's happened to me in the past; otherwise, they would not be on this adventure with me".

Y/N: "Something is off with Joey, and I am determined to get to the bottom of this".

"So that symbol is on the map, right?" asks Matt. "The map yeah", says Safiya pointing at the map that was hanging on the wall. Teala walks to the map and takes it down and places it on the table. The same as the last time we cleansed the artifact, there is something new on the map. "This looks like green smoke", says Joey. "That looks like me after really bad fast food", says Colleen. I nod, remembering what happened when I took her out for bad fast food. "Ok, so we got Shag's motel and the man with no name's lair. The man with no name was hunted because the town thought he was a freak of nature. He sure showed them", I read. All of a sudden, I heard a loud crashing sound outside. "Mother trucker!" I yell. "Hey watch your language", says Matt. "Mother trucker is watching my language", I say. I walk outside with everyone else because we are smart people. No one sees anything. I look to my right. "OH MY GOD, THERE'S A BODY!" I scream.