Control Issues

Previously on Escape the Night...

The adventurers are getting closer to saving the town. "We have one artifact left". But one among them has been corrupted, and they lose another friend. Meanwhile, Y/N is getting closer to discovering the truth of her connection to this town.

November 27, 1977

"I cut off his fingers; I cut off his toes. I cut off his-" A young woman in a straight jacket sat in a jail cell staring into nothing. She lets out a small laugh before repeating the same sentence again and again. "I cut off his fingers; I cut off his toes."

She cuts herself off as the Carnival Master starts appearing all around her. "No, Daddy, not again!" she wails, terrified. She crawls over to the jail cell and props her head between two of the bars. "My precious child," starts the Carnival Master, appearing next to her. "What you have done has proven you're worthy of my love."

"He begged me to stop, but I couldn't. I don't want to do anymore, please!" cries the Carnival Masters daughter.

"She won't stop hurting you until you let go and accept me." The Carnival Master then places a cursed collar on the neck of his daughter. "Now, close your eyes. You'll be in control." The Carnival Master disappears as a police officer walks into the jail cell. She puts the end of her baton up against the girls head as she quivers.

"Whatcha doin' in the corner, Lucy? Hm?" asks the police officer. She then hits Lucy on the back with her baton, and Lucy cries out in pain. "You know, they found your boyfriend's hand in the mayor's mailbox. It's missing two fingers. That's my nephew, you crazy bitch!" The police officer then hits Lucy twice more on the back with the baton in a rage. "Why'd you do it, Lucy!?" she yells as she hits her.

Lucy then screams as she erupts into a golden glow. She stood up and grabbed the police officers face, and rips out her eyeballs. Lucy then, with a maniacal smile, walks out of the cell.

Y/N's POV

"Okay, guys, we have one more artifact to go. We got this," says Joey. "Yeah, one of us still has to die," exclaims Matt. "It probably should be you. You did die once already," says Nikita. I, while leaning my head on Matt's shoulder, glare at Nikita. "I mean, he does know what it's like." They all then get into an argument about Matt being expendable, and I stare off into space.

Nikita: "So, like, while we're arguing, Y/N's just staring off into space. I've made it very clear that I don't trust her and that I believe she's the one that's been corrupted, but it's like, the rest of the group is oblivious."

"Listen, listen, listen, I've been in three times. And I swear, if I go in a fourth, someone's after me."

After a lot of talking, everyone FINALLY decides to look at the map, so they go and take it off the wall. However, I remain on the couch. I can see Calliope and Mortimer watching me, but I ignore them. I reach into my pocket to feel the "MISSING" poster, and it's still neatly tucked into my pocket.

Suddenly, I hear the sound of something opening, and it seems like they've already found something. I quickly run over to look at what it is, and I see that it's the eighth artifact.

Y/N: "So I completely blanked out for a moment, but it seems like the eighth artifact was in the room all along?"

"The Collar of Control must be worn by one of you to begin the cleansing process. Choose wisely, as the collar cannot be removed without help," reads out Joey.

Joey: "This collar looks like it's made from skin. It has eyeballs. It has teeth. It is not cute."

Matt: "Any piece of clothing that's made of flesh and eyeballs, probably not a good thing."

Escape The Night S3 - A Fanfiction story by tqylorsdress (UNDERGOING EDITING)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें