Marbles were lost

Most of the rest of the day was spent searching for Marble, with the idea that she was either hiding as the murderer, or lying dead somewhere as another victim. They searched every place they could think of, but other than an unmade bed in Cabin 5, there was no trace.

"WHERE COULD SHE BE?" Envelope asked to nobody in particular after they met up in front of the mess hall again.

"I have an idea," offered TV. "Yesterday, when I started making the quesadillas, Marble came into the kitchen and took some food and a bottle of water. The only conclusion I can draw with this is that she went out into the forest."

Marshmallow scratched her head. "But why would she do that? Something smells fishy here."

TV just shrugged. "There's a considerable amount of forest out there, and going through it does not look easy. So it'd be almost impossible to find her. Until she appears again, I suggest we stop worrying about it."

--------------------

Flower sat on her bed, staring at her phone dejectedly. For some reason, Oodle had let those who owned phones keep them, although - obviously - there wasn't any internet or cell service, so she couldn't try calling for help even if she wanted to.

But that wasn't what she was doing. Flower was actually looking at an old picture of her and 3D-Printed Naily when they were about 11 years old. They had known each other since they were very little and went to the same elementary school, before 3D moved to another town after 5th grade. They went to separate middle and high schools and eventually grew apart, but Flower still had many fond memories of her. In the photo, the two had arms around each other's shoulders and were grinning at the camera. It was taken by her mother on an older phone and was later transferred to Flower's newer one.

A single tear rolled down her cheek. She wiped it away quickly. So much had changed since then... in high school, most emotions were perceived as a weakness (at least, by a lot of the "popular" girls) and so Flower chose to never betray any in public. But the murder mystery made it nigh impossible.

"Who's that?"

Flower shrieked and leapt away from WL4, fumbling with her phone. She didn't even realize he had entered the cabin. "D-don't scare me like that, you creep!"

"What?" he asked, genuinely curious. "I was just wondering."

Flower took a deep, shaky breath and wiped away her tear. "It's nobody."

"Doesn't seem like nobody to me. Don't think I didn't see that tear!" WL4 smiled slyly. "Come on. You always act like the stereotypical 'popular girl' - oh, look at me, I have to shower twice a day and do a bunch of other pointless stuff to look perfect so that I can have a good social status!" He said this last part in a high-pitched voice that sounded nothing like Flower's. "-but you ain't fooling me, gal." He hopped onto his own bed and crossed his legs as he sat. "So tell me. Who's your friend?"

Flower was at a complete loss for words. Slowly, almost in a trance, she sat back down on her bed. "It was 3D," she whispered.

WL4's smile melted. "Oh. Oh, shit."

"We were really good friends when we were younger, and then she m-moved away, and... and then..." She stopped talking, a few more tears soundlessly leaking from her eyes.

WL4 didn't move, but he did speak. "I've lost people, too. And 3D and I weren't exactly friends, like you two once were..." In fact, she despised me ever since I stole those 50 bucks from her. He didn't voice this thought, though. "But she was a fun asshole. I enjoyed her company, and I'll miss her too."