Lull

Envelope took the bullet.

Shot by Oodle, after being chosen as the most likely murderer candidate, as per the rules of the game. After seeing Barf Bag's corpse, everyone thought he had pushed Dicey down the stairs, then fled to the lounge, saw her there, and killed her too before fetching the others. Bowling Ball even saw his scarf flutter as Envelope ran out of the cabin.

Of course, though, it wasn't him.

Barely three days in and five people were already gone.

Needless to say, this was starting to seriously take its toll on the current 'campers' - except Bottle, who seemed to have a bottomless well of joy and optimism, whatever the circumstances. On the opposite side of the coin, however, one of the more affected people was Marshmallow.

--------------------

It was the next day. Marshmallow lay in bed inside her cabin, blankets pulled up to her nose. Three images kept lingering in her head, no matter how hard she tried to dispel them. 3D's head snapping backwards from the force of Oodle's bullet; Dicey's broken body sprawled on the floor of the Arts and Crafts cabin; and Barf Bag leaking blood all over the couch in the lounge. The fact that bile kept intermittently rising into her throat and then back down again wasn't helping.

There was a knock on her door. "Come in," she called out weakly.

The door opened, and Marsh opened her eyes to see Bone stepping into the cabin. He was holding a tall glass with a thick, pink liquid inside. "Hey, uh, Brain told me - well, not me specifically, he hates my guts, but I heard overheard him telling others - that you weren't really feeling well. And since TV, Flaggy, and Bottle just made smoothies for everyone, I wanted to bring you one."

Marshmallow's mood lifted considerably, and she swallowed back the latest rise of bile to answer. "Th- thanks. I don't think I can drink it right now, so just leave it on the dresser."

Bone nodded and complied, then sat down on the bed opposite from Marsh - Brain's bed. "How are you holding up?"

She turned her head just enough to be able to see him. "Why... why are you asking? I barely even know you... no offense."

"I'm just trying to be nice. I think we all need some tlc, especially in this game." Bone's expression suddenly shifted. Subtly, but even in her unwell state, Marshmallow noticed. When his gaze refocused on her, his eyes had a slightly redder tinge to them, and the next words he spoke sounded less meek and a little more confident. "It's also nice to talk to someone who doesn't hate me for once." His chuckling turned into a nervous giggling halfway through. "Eheheh..."

Marshmallow shifted around and sat up a little to face him better. Interesting... "This may be out of the blue, but are you sure you don't know why the kids at your school hate you?" she asked suddenly.

Bone jumped a bit, and Marsh saw a bead of sweat form on his forehead. "Y-yeah. Positive," he stammered.

"Alright..."

--------------------

"Hah! Hoo! Yes- oh nooooo! Curse you, Toad!"

"What are you doing in here?"

WL4 took a quick glance to his left to see Flower leaning on the lounge's doorframe before going back to his game. "Playing on this Wii, obviously."

"I can see that," Flower growled. "What I'm wondering is, why now? Why here? After... well... Barf Bag."

WL4 scoffed. "I'm not gonna let something like a little blood stop me from playing video games."

Flower glanced at the floor, despite all the blood from the previous day having already been cleaned up, and shook her head. "Anyway... what are you playing?"