7

- I may be meshing with the pace of the movie for the next couple chapters but I'll explain it at the end.

'I ....actually got a perfect!' I thought.

I knew that I was scarier than I looked but I didn't expect this.
I had just left the scaring school and flew across the field to find Mike.  I was so excited to tell him how I did in the simulator.

I had spotted him leaving the scream can design building with Sullivan walking next to him.

My face drops in concern when I notice Mikes's emotionless expression and Sullivan glaring at him in anger. I knew they would hate that class, as it's infuriatingly boring.

As Mike walked further away down the sidewalk I landed next to him. "Hi Mike."

He looks to me with an annoyed face.
"What do you want?" He asks.

I avert my eyes from his green eye. "I just wanted to tell you I got a perfect on the scare simulator."

"Of course you did, your actually scary unlike me is that it?" Mike scowls.

My ears flatten. "No that's not what I meant-

"You knew! You knew all this time Y/N!"

Tears start to form in my eyes.

"You don't think I'm scary, you were just sucking up too me all these years!" Mike yells.

"No...I didn't-

"Why did you even insist on being my friend?  I worked my way up to this for nothing!?  You easily had a chance to be a scarer, but you rarely ever seemed liked you wanted to be one."

I stay silent, looking brown at my feet.

"Just leave me alone Y/N."

Mike runs away to the dorms.  I watch after him as he runs farther away. 

Did I just lose my best friend?

-

Johnny's POV

Me and the ROR's left the scaring school and planned heading back to our frat house.

"Oh I can't freaking wait for the scare games! Time to reclaim our spot up top once again!" Chet exclaimed.

I smiled smugly at my friends confidence, until I glanced away and saw Y/N sitting alone at bench facing the other direction. With her ears flattened....

"What're you looking for lover boy?" I heard Javier say next to me with a smug look.

"What? It's nothing."

I feel a slap in the back from Chet.

"Oh c'mon! Look at you, there's no way you can be turned down, and look at her! Not only is that girl a beast! But she's a beauty!"

I have been wanting to ask her out for a little while, she definitely has talent, she's cute, and she's a nice person. What am I doing just standing here?

"You guys head on back a while."

-

Y/N POV

I felt horrible, I feel like I don't even deserve to be a scare student.  Mike certainly does. 

Tears roll down my face as I think back to the days in elementary school when I always helped him, and whenever he stood up for me.

"Hey Y/N!"

My ears perk up at my name being called.  I quickly wipe my tears away but I don't turn around at the voice who is obviously Johnny.

"What is it?" I say.

He came around the bench I was sitting at, and sat down next to me. 

"Hey, so I was wondering if-

He paused mid sentence and looked at me.  My wings covering most of my body and my eyes red and tearing.

"Are you okay?"

He puts his hand on my shoulder making me blush but I swat it off.

"None of your business."  I say narrowing my eyes at him.

I don't have time for this guy right now.

"Does it have something to do with the scare final, and your friend?"

I look up at him.

"Maybe?"

I took a moment to just examine his pristine figure, is this the first male monster that I've actually found attractive?

"Listen, if you don't want to talk about it that's alright.  But I did want to actually ask if you wanted to hang out."

My ears twitched slightly. He's not actually asking me out, right?

"Wiiiiiith, you?" I asked.

"Yeah, with me.  If you'd like."  He said charmingly.

Despite how much Mike seemed to personally dislike him, he really doesn't seem like a bad guy at all, I mean he's way better than Sullivan is.  And even though he's president of  the top fraternity he is still smart and responsible.  Honestly, I think I could get to know him.

AS. A. FRIEND.

"Of course! I-I mean yeah...yeah."

Johnny laughs lightly at my awkwardness and gets up. 

"We'll come on then, you wanna come to my place?"

I smile, suddenly feeling a lot better than I did before.

"Okay!"

I get up and walk beside him to the fraternity houses. 

"Hey so have you ever wanted to join a Sorority?"

"Nope, never." I reply.

"And why is that?"

"I feel like I would just get more attention than I already do, when people know about my talent, they never let it slide off their minds."

"Well, like I said before.  Once you embrace your talent, you could be a great scarer.  I mean I forgot to mention how impressed I was when I saw your performance at the scare final." 

I looked up to him curiously.

"What did you think?" I ask.

"What did I think?  You were awesome!  Another thing I've said before to someone who doesn't deserve this title, "future scarer." 

I blush and looked down, what is up with me today?

——————————————————

Word count: 1017

IM BACK!

Sorry for the long wait but I've finally started writing again!

Thank you so much for over 2k I mean that's insane to me😱 We're almost at 3k now!!!!

Now if anyone's confused why the last scene from chapter six disappeared I removed it and will rewrite it later in the story so the time line will make sense, so the scare games will technically begin after Y/N and Johnny have tied the knot!  But we're beginning to head into romance territory.

Thank you for reading lovelies❤️