14

Y/N POV

One scare games event down.

Successfully beatable for some, others...?
Well at least the Oozma's lucked out!  That's something!  But Mike really needs to rely less on just himself and more on his the team. 
A day after the toxicity challenge and I'm still divided on which team to really follow.  Of course I want to support both, but having to choose between my boyfriend and my childhood friend isn't easy.

It was a sunny day today and I was walking with Mike after lunch.

"Are you sure it was really a tie at the end?" Mike asked. "I swear I beat the big blue troll by a claw." I intensely rolled my eyes. "The race wasn't between you two! How many more times do I have to tell you that?" Mike just laughed in response to my annoyance.

"I'm just messing with you." Mike says.
We keep walking til we're walking across the field of the scaring school. Mike pauses mid step and looks almost longingly at the building. "I've got to win this Y/N." Mike says with a slight frown.
I also take a look at the school that Mike was once accepted into. Then I had remembered.
"Oh crap! I forgot I have homework to turn in for a test, you mind?"
Mike lightly waves his hand. "No not at all, I'm meeting up with everyone soon anyway, it was my call to...

While Mike was talking, I stopped listening when I heard shuffling and footsteps from behind us.
A shadow looked over Mike and me, I peek over my shoulder and to my suspicions I see a dark figure appear from behind a pillar. My ears flatten and I let out a quiet whimper.

"What?" Mike turns around confused and gives the same look I have.
The unassuming monster growls and reaches out for me. Somehow before I could even get away I was picked up by the figure, I struggled to get free from their grasp.
"Hey, if your after my friend your gonna have to go through me!" Mike says rushing up towards us in fight or flight mode.

But he stops when he hears laughing. And notices the large devil horned monster, one Johnny Worthington cracking up at the sight of my unenthused expression. 

Mike rolled his one eye and crossed his arms.
While dangling from my boyfriends grasp, my  straight lined mouth began to crack a smile, desperately trying to hold in a laugh. 

"Oh come on I see that smile babe."  He says as he sets me down.
I punch his shoulder, "You scared the life outta me!"  Johnny slid a hand behind my back.  "Well, I missed you."

'Wha-'

"It's been two hours Johnny."  I informed.
"Yeah, tell me about it."  Johnny leaned down to kiss me, and I returned it.

I had melted into the kiss so much I had completely forgotten Mike was standing right in front of us.  I pull away with a grin.  "Okay we're in out in the open you big dope." 

Johnny turns his head and sees Mike, standing there, after seeing everything.  "Oh hey there killer didn't see you there."  Johnny rubs his scaly head.  "No hard feelings?"
'He's using his charm factor again.'
Mike simply groans with disgust and walks off.

I pinch the bridge of my snout, and sigh. "You know it's probably going to be a while til he even considers getting to know you."

Johnny shrugs and takes my hand. "That's fine, he's really just competition with a big ego at the moment. Oh by the way! Do you have any homework I could help you with?" He asks.

"You just read my mind."

-

Mike's POV