Comparison

(Aro POV )

(Aro POV )

Watching Alice and my beautiful mate disappear upstairs I shouldn't have been surprised to see Marcus Scowling at me as I turned back to everyone,"Do you want to scare her away,brothers?"

Caius furrowed his brows in disgust,"Of course not! I admit we shouldn't have reacted so harshly in front of her but can you blame us? After hearing of the pain that bastard has put our innocent and fragile mate through?" I sighed in shame,"Marcus is right,I fear that our protectiveness may push her away. She is new to this life Brother,we need to ease her into it slowly. She has already been through so much already."

Turning to the guard they seemed to already know what I was about to say,"Master,Felix and I can join in the search for the newborn scum." Demetri said and I watched Felix nod in agreement. "Of course, begin at once and report back to us when we return.Do not kill him unless necessary,I have a few...questions..to ask him before ripping him apart." They both nodded and sped out of sight.

Looking over to Jane and Alec I smiled,"You two will now be assigned as her guard throughout the remainder of our trip. Whatever she needs you are to get for her,we do not want her to overexert herself while she's pregnant." They both stoically nodded,"Of course Master." Jane stated before she and Alec left to join my beautiful mate and dear Alice.

Carlisle almost seemed relieved to see we were taking Marianas safety so seriously,but from everything that we've been told I can see why.

"Old friend,I do hope you don't mind us staying nearby. I believe my brothers will agree that traveling to Italy is the last thing Mariana needs right now." Carlisle smiled and nodded,"I agree,at least until we're sure Luis has been dealt with."

His smile soon fell to a somewhat terrifying frown,the Carlisle I knew all those years ago was now making an appearance."I'm a pacifist Aro, but no one hurts my family and gets away with it.That girl is a daughter to me,I want him to suffer."

Completely shocked all I could do was nod,"I couldn't agree more Carlisle,Demetri will find him in no time."

———————
Mariana(POV)

Alice sat me down on her bed and began sifting through her closet,"Ahh I'm so excited,you're going to look so gorgeous in this dress!"

I couldn't help but to laugh at her energy,"I think you're more excited about this then I am,Ali." She rolled her eyes and began tossing dresses around in search of the one from her vision.

There was suddenly a knock on the door,Alice's smile fell for a moment before she caught herself. Skipping over to the door she opened it and stepped aside,"Jane,Alec. Come in." The twins offered a stiffly stoic nod before entering.

"I don't believe we've been introduced,I'm Mariana. And I'm assuming you're Jane and Alec." They both seemed a bit surprised by the genuine smile I greeted them with.