Beware

Felix was on him in a second,pinning him to a wall and lifting him off the ground

Felix was on him in a second,pinning him to a wall and lifting him off the ground. "I'll kill you!" He growled angrily.Covering my mouth in shock I tucked my head into Demetris chest when he wrapped an arm around me.

"I-I didn't want to..trust me..But there are people involved far more powerful than me...I had no choice!" Riley tried to explain as cracks formed on his face from Felix's strength.

"Felix wait!Let him go." I said pulling away from Demetri and stepping forward on shaky legs.Felix,while extremely reluctant,eased up on his grip allowing for Riley to stand. The cracks slowly began to heal as The vampire collected himself.

"Who else is involved besides Luis? Tell us or I'll let Felix rip you apart." I stated with far more confidence than I currently had. Riley seemed frightened by the threat however,when meeting Felix's cruel smirk.

"There is a woman along with two men with thick accents,I've seen her around only a few times but the men often stop by and drop off newborns. I haven't seen them since we came here though." He informed causing me to furrow my brows. "What are their names?" Demetri asked stepping forward and placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know the woman's name but the men called themselves the true kings of the vampire race." Felix grew rigid before turning to share a look with Demetri.

"Were their names..Stefan and Vladimir?" Riley stared incredulously at Felix for a moment before nodding,glancing between them i felt worry strike me."I'm guessing you know them.."

Demetri looked down at me,"They were the rulers of our race long before the Volturi was created,they treated humanity as slaves and toys for their amusement. When we overthrew them they weren't very happy,they promised that one day they would take back their thrones. I guess they've spent all this time building an army to full-fill that promise."

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves I walked away,over to where a few old boxes sat collecting dust. While Demetri and Felix began discussing battle tactics I heard Riley slowly approach me,I could feel the eyes of my guard watching him very closely.

"I'm so sorry Mariana,I never wished for any of this to happen..But they threatened to find my family and kill them if I didn't comply to their commands." He seemed truly regretful towards his actions,instead of answering I nodded and distracted myself by going through the boxes.

They were filled with different things that I had forgotten about about over the years,Like old photo albums,some records,and my grandpas old antique lighter that he had given me for my 16th birthday.

Tracing my thumb over the intricate designs I sighed,"He wasn't always this bad..." Riley snapped his attention from the floor to me,"Luis?" I nodded. "There was a time when I could say he truly loved me...we were high school sweethearts you know."

He watched me with a soft pitiful look in his eyes. "It..It started with small things,like forgetting dates that he would usually be so excited about..I suppose I should have seen the clues,but I was too In love to believe that voice in the back of my head blaring off alarms." He tilted his head,"You couldn't have possibly known any of this was going to happen,I don't think even the Seer could have.It's not your fault." Looking up at him I offered a thankful smile to which he gave a small one in return.