Becoming The Prey

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Rosalies scream could be heard for miles,She was being held back by Emmett and Edward as Jasper stood protectively infront of Alice

"I had no choice,They would have found out anyways and killed us all for not telling them! And I couldn't risk Mariana suffering from the distance of her mates,even if they are the volturi." Alice justified.

"I hate to admit it but Alice is Right Rosalie,As much as we hate the volturi they might be our best bet at protecting Mariana. With Luis and his maker on the loose and avoiding Alice's visions we have no idea when they'll strike." Edward said with a sigh.

Rosalie growled,"If you think I'll just let them take her-" Carlisle cleared his throat looking to the stairs where the only human in the house stood with a worried expression.

Esme shot her children a look before walking over to me,"Good morning Mari,I hope we didn't wake you sweetheart." She cooed with a loving smile,"I heard fighting...What's going on?"

Esme glanced at Carlisle before taking my hand and leading me to the couch where Rosalie angrily pulled away from her mate and brother and sped to my side,Protectively tucking me into her side.

Esme clutched my hand gently in hers,rubbing my knuckles with her thumb occasionally.

Carlisle stood across from us while the others stood around,all dreading the oncoming conversation. This worried me,since the last time they all looked this serious was when I found out vampires existed.

"Do you remember what I said about our laws?" Carlisle started,his kind eyes offering worry and warmth.

      Upon my nod Edward continued,"The volturi are the rule makers of our race,they consist of some of the deadliest vampires in the world. There are the elite guards,which consist of Jane and Alec,the witch twins. And Felix and Demetri."

    "Jane can cause you to experience the worst pain imaginable with just a simple glance while Alec can steal your senses,he can choose which ones to take away which they use to torture." I gulped at Jaspers words and gripped onto Rosalie and Esme tighter.

       "Then there is Felix,the strongest vampire physically,and Demetri,the best tracker who can find you no matter where you are in the world,which makes it impossible to hide from them once he catches your scent." Jasper stated.

      Carlisle realized the boys were only helping in making me more frightened,he could see the fear pooling in my eyes and knew he had to do something.

     "Then we have the kings,Marcus,Aro,and Caius-"
Carlisle cut in before Edward could do any more damage to my crumbling composure.

"I've known the Masters personally,worked with them for years.Marcus is a kind and wise man who can see what bonds people together,Aro while eccentric at times is caring,he can read every thought you've ever had with a single touch,Caius is a bit hotheaded but loyal and strong,he however is giftless."

   Emmett crossed his arms,"His temper should count as a gift." Rosalie shot him a glare,successfully shutting the giant up.

      "So...wait...why are you telling me this?" I asked trying to calm myself down,Only to feel a wave of relief flood through me courtesy of a certain cowboy.

         "Because you are the mate to the three kings." Esme cooed gently rubbing my back in an attempt to soften the blow.

       "Mate..? Like how you all have fated pairs?" Carlisle nodded,"I know this is a lot to take in,but they will be here by tomorrow evening."

     My eyes widened in shock,I couldn't breathe for what felt like years...

Standing up I wordlessly retreated to my room.

Rosalie glared at her family before her and Alice followed.

Carlisle sighed and sat down on the couch taking his wife's hand in his,"Let us hope things will get better tomorrow..."

——————————————

Sitting on my bed I wasn't surprised when a second later I was wrapped in the arms of my sisters.

   "Just a couple days ago I thought everything was perfect...perfect fiancé,perfect life...what will happen to my baby..? What will happen to my little Angel?" I whimpered.

       Rosalie shut her eyes tight as she rested her chin on top of my head,"Nothing is going to happen to you,nobody will be able to hurt a single hair on your head. I promise." She growled protectively.

        "While I have a distaste for the volturi,we have no choice but to allow them to come here. If what Alice says is true they will protect you with every fiber of their being just as we do. They've waited a long long time to meet you,flower." She cooed,brushing her fingers soothingly down my back.

It killed her, to see someone she considered her soul sister breaking down like this.

       A part of her wanted to blame Alice,for telling the Volturi,But another part...the small voice in the back of her head that she didn't want to listen to,Told her that maybe Edward was right.

That maybe the Volturi were the best chance of Me surviving.

As much as it killed her to admit it.