Newborn

The warm rays of sunlight peeked through the trees as morning arrived,A strange numbness was I I felt as my eyes tiredly fluttered open

For just a moment I had forgotten where I was,then like a freight train the memories hit me. Luis...The man I loved with all my heart,And who I assumed felt the same,Had cheated on me.

While I was pregnant with HIS child.

Luckily I hadn't eaten much of the soup Esme had brought up for me,otherwise I'm sure I'd be spending another hour in the bathroom again.

And my throat was already sore enough.

Groaning lightly I forced myself to sit up and embrace the day,Knowing the Cullens would grow worried if I didn't.

Looking over at a chair a light smile graced my face as I saw a nice sweater dress already laid out for me,curtesy of Alice I assumed.
———————-

(Imagine a baby bump with this)

———————-

    Looking in the mirror one last time I left the room back to the land of the living.

Esme was the first face to greet me as I walked down the stares,Her smile was kind and warm as she gave me a hug.

"Let's get you something to eat Sweetheart." I couldn't trust my voice so I nodded,allowing her to lead me into the kitchen where Renesmee,The sweetest little girl in the world,Sat with her parents.

Upon seeing me enter she gasped and hopped off her stool,nearly tripping as she ran over to me"Aunty Mariana!" I smiled down at her as she hugged me tight,careful of my bump of course.

"Grandma and Grandpa told me you're moving in! Ooh can we have movie nights together?!" Glancing at the adults I forced a smile,"Of course we can Nessie,I'd love to."

Bella walked over and smiled down at her daughter,"Why don't you go play outside with uncle Emmett while we talk?" Renesmee nodded and gave me one last toothy smile before skipping off.

"How are you feeling?" My best friend asked,"Honestly..Like a train hit me.." she gently wrapped me in a sisterly hug.

"I talked to Charlie,He said that if you need a restraining order he'd be more than happy to deliver it.He was ready to go over with his shotgun before I convinced him not to."

Tiredly laughing I shook my head,"I'll keep that in mind,But I don't think I need to go that far just yet. I doubt he'll do anything."

Edward frowned and walked over,"In my opinion I think he deserves far more than a restraining order."

I couldn't help but to smile up at him in awe,"You guys are honestly amazing...I can't thank you all enough for everything you've done for me. But I'd be fine renting a hotel room in-"

     Esme cut me off with a strict look,"Absolutely not,You're staying here and that's final Mariana."

Edward and Bella shared a quiet laugh as I walked over to the island,Watching Esme place a plate of pancakes with syrup in front of me. "I know how much you love your pancakes."

Like a kid on Christmas I dug in with a genuinely wide smile,It's been so long since someone has made me pancakes.

     A warm feeling swelled in the chests of the Cullen's as they watched me happily eat,After yesterday it was nice to finally see a smile on my face.

    Esme took my plate once I was finished,waving off my attempts at offering to clean them."Jasper and Emmett were going to take a little stroll through the woods,they wanted you to join them." I hummed,"I think some fresh air would be nice." She patted my cheek like a loving mother,Watching as I turned and walked outside.

     Edwards smile soon melted to worry as soon as I was out of sight,"Luis has called at least 7 times already,it's only a matter of time before she realizes we took her phone.We should tell her." Bella nodded in agreement,"He's right,we're only prolonging the inevitable. How long until Luis finds out she's here and comes looking for her? Shouldn't we at least prepare her?" 

    Esme frowned at her beloved children,she knew they were right but after seeing me so broken and hearing my cries throughout the night she couldn't bring herself to want to put me through that pain again.

    "We'll wait until Carlisle and Alice get back,They'll know what to do." At least she hoped so.

————————

     Emmett grinned when he saw me approach,elbowing Jasper in the side,"See I told you she'd be down. Our little Mariana never passes up a chance at exploring." Jasper rolled his eyes,"I never said she wouldn't,I just said she might be too tired."

     I sent him a thankful look,"Well thanks for worrying,but I'm okay now,I just need some fresh air." Emmet chuckled and brought me into a side hug,wrapping his giant arms around my shoulders.

     "Well there's no better place to get fresh air than the good old wilderness!" He let go and started strutting off down the trail,causing Jasper and I to glance at each other and chuckle.

    Like the gentleman he is,Jasper pulled off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders.

     "Thanks Jas,Always such a gentleman." I playfully teased,he smirked and shot back an equally playful wink. "All in a days work Ma'am." He stated in his southern tang.

     "Come on slow pokes!" Emmett yelled,looking like a giant antsy kid. "Alright Alright We're coming!" Jasper yelled back.

     "Shall we?" He asked holding out his arm,I rolled my eyes with a giggle. Taking his arm I smirked,"We shall."

    The forest was so peaceful and quiet,a great contrast to the past few days.

If only The two vampires had noticed the pair of red eyes following us...