Betrayal

(Marcus POV)

Aro and Caius both shared a stoic look with me as we approached our destination,the wolves were already waiting for us,glaring hatefully at the house

It was something I expected from my mate,a beautiful cottage with what I assumed to be a once flourishing garden...now it looked trampled and destroyed.

Even with the smell of wet dog in the air I could still smell her,Our golden string which bonded our souls with hers led right through the front door.

She was so close,soon she would be safely in my arms. I would never let her out of my sight again,even if she grew to hate me for it. I couldn't...I couldn't fail at protecting another person I loved..especially her..I wouldn't survive it.

The plan had been simple,destroy anything that stood in the way of getting Mariana...And leave Luis to my brothers and I.

"Is everyone ready?" Aro asked,glancing quickly at everyone,not wanting to take his eyes off the house in case something changed. He was answered with a sea of yes's before squaring his shoulders,"Then let us make this quick." Just as he stepped towards the house I heard the sound of movement from the woods.

"We're not alone."

Just as the words left my mouth newborns began spilling from the shadows,and thus the fighting begun.

They were obviously untrained with how easy it was to take them out,the wolves and Cullens positioned themselves to keep the swarm of newborns as far from the house as possible. "Marcus!" Caius called to me,looking over I saw him smashing the head on a woman,"Find Mariana!" I nodded and quickly ran to the house.

Entering the door I looked around,I had entered into a kitchen/dining area. The room looked completely trashed,furniture was thrown about,splatters of blood covered pretty much everything. Nearing the living room I saw a big fireplace back against the wall,body parts were clearly burning inside and I prayed to whatever gods were listening that it wasn't who i thought it was.

Turning to continue following the golden string my head was suddenly thrown to the side with a loud crack,looking up I saw it was a man dressed in tattered and bloody clothing. His once cocky eyes fell to fear as I straightened myself up again,now towering over him I made quick work of grabbing his throat and crushing it.

My lip rose in a sneer as I dusted off my hands,stepping over the body I froze at the sight before me as I entered the living room,

There she was.

Crumpled against the back wall.

Ropes tied her to the radiator in an obviously painful knot,her head laid against her arms and her eyes were struggling to stay open.

They lit up when they met my own,"M...Marcus...?" Her voice was but a whisper but it echoed in my ears.

However...I didn't move.