A chance

Birds chirped outside the window,happily singing their song

Staring into a pair of red eyes I thought back to everything that had brought me here.

It had been 5 years since...everything happened. And I counted my blessings every day that Aro had managed to suck out the venom and that Caius ran fast enough to get me to the hospital.

Carlisle of course made sure I was under his care,though I he says it was to make sure there were no traces of venom I could tell by the way he kept staring at me as if I was going to disappear that it was because he didn't trust anyone else to take care of his daughter.

I had been practically adopted by the Cullens,it made life worth living to have not only the family my mates had created,but the ones I had found with me.

They had stayed in forks for another 2 years to protect Charlie,but after Charlie found out when accidentally witnessing Emmett tackling a bear on his way back from a fishing trip...it was a long story.

He ended up accepting it,it brought him and Bella closer now that she didn't have to lie to him.

Oh his face when she told him what had happened to me,He basically held Edward at gunpoint threatening to shoot him if he didn't bring him to me.

Let's just say Caius grew a strong respect for the man that terrified Edward so much.

That's pretty much how they all moved to Volterra 3 years ago,while they didn't join the volturi and had a couple houses a few miles outside the city they could still be often found wondering the halls. Not that I minded one bit,it made me feel more at home..content.

It's been a year since I had been turned,the transition had gone smoother than we all had expected.The thirst was dull,the only thought I had when I first opened my eyes was my Little Angel.

A bell like voice from the bedroom caught my attention,"Momma?" A bright smile graced my face as I left the bathroom.

My little Angel giggled as I walked into view,running over and jumping into my arms.

Meadow Volturi was everything I hoped her to be.

With her tuff of curly hair,a smile that could melt the hearts of even the cruelest creatures,and big bright eyes full of wonder,she looked more like me with barely any traces of Luis. That brought me comfort every day...but even if she did I would still love her more than life itself.

The kings had fallen in love with her from the second she was born,Though I thought they spoiled her way too much. But that never made her greedy nor did she act as spoiled as she was,I was proud that I rubbed off on her. She was the Princess,loved by all for her cheerful and adoring personality,even at 5 years old.

"Good morning,Angel." I cooed lifting her up,She giggled and plopped down on my lap while I wrapped my arms around her.

Jane and Alec both appeared in the room smiling apologetically,They had bonded with Meadow faster then I ever could have dreamed,immediately claiming her as their sister as I had claimed them as my children. But with the way they stuck to her like glue I couldn't say I was surprised.