Painful Greetings

Laughter filled the air as Jasper and I followed the childlike giant,who was currently trying to find frogs

      Both were the best at holding back their vampire tendencies around me,they enjoyed being close.Jasper since my emotions often calmed him down,and Emmett because I was fun to hang around and play video games with.

      A sudden breeze carried a new scent,an unfamiliar and somewhat metallic one,Jasper froze glancing over his shoulder into the sea of trees as I continued on.

His eyes narrowed before he felt his phone buzz in his pocket,stealthily pulling it out just enough to catch a glance at the text.

        It was from Alice,stating one bone-chilling sentence,"Get her out of there,You're being followed."

His eyes widened and quickly lifted to see me turn towards him,"Hey are you okay?" I asked my brows furrowed in concern.

He opened his mouth to respond,only to catch a glimpse of something moving fast out of the corner of his eye.

      The flash of someone running towards me as I stood a few feet away from him caused a surge of panic,"Mariana!" He screamed.

    My eyes widened as I looked over,a violent gasp escaping my throat followed by a Yelp.

I was shoved to the ground,a snap echoed the air and a surge of pain through my arms,Snarls filled my ears as the cause was suddenly ripped off of me.

Emmett stood in front of me as a 'human' shield,holding a man in the air by his throat.

The man had what looked to be blood dripping from his mouth and neck and.... no ...

Shock flowed through my body as I realized just who it was....

"Luis...?!"

—————————

Fiery red eyes glared hungrily at me, feral growls and hisses escaping his bloody throat.

Protectively I circled my good arm around my baby bump,the horror of seeing my baby's father like this sent shivers down my spine.

Jasper was at my side in a second,way faster than any human could be. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders pulling me gently onto his lap,His hands gently probing my possibly broken arm,the adrenaline and shock numbing the pain just enough.

Biting my tongue I looked up at my ex fiancé,This wasn't Luis anymore.. the man being held in the air looked like a starving beast.

Only a day ago had he been fine...wrapped in another woman's body...but alive.

What had happened while I was gone..?

"We need to get you out of here Mari." Jasper stated taking his jacket off my shoulders and tying it around my arm as a temporary brace.

"What?! No! I'm not leaving him he's hurt! Emmett put him down! We need to get him to a hospital!" I yelled pulling away from Jasper. Which was a bad move as a burning pain shot through my arm,forcing me to stop.

Emmett shot me a look of worry and protectiveness,"You don't understand Mari,Right now this isn't the Luis you know,He's a bloodthirsty monster. He'll kill you."

"I'm not leaving!" I screamed,tears pricking my eyes,I was overwhelmed,In pain,and close to passing out. This was too much for a pregnant woman.

Emmett sighed knowing I wasn't going to back down,"Jasper."

A yelped flew out of my mouth as I was suddenly picked up bridal style,"Hold your breath and close your eyes." Furrowing my eyebrows I had no choice but to comply as he sped off faster than Usain Bolt.

——————————

When I opened my eyes again I was being set down in Carlisles office,and I knew the adrenaline was finally wearing off as the pain jumped into triple digits.

Jasper quickly ran off to god knows we're,leaving me to my suffering.

Tears falling and screaming echoing is what Carlisle and Esme were greeted with upon entering.

Carlisle immediately went into doctor mode,Esme acting as his nurse as she ran around grabbing the necessary equipment.

"Mariana can you hear me? Your shoulder has been dislocated,I'm going to have to reset it okay?"

His chest tightened as I nodded stiffly,"Please...it hurts.." he clenched his jaw as Esme appeared at my side,taking my hand the couple shared a look.

"I need you to breathe sweetheart,I'm going to count to three. Squeeze my hand as tight as you need to okay?" Clenching her hand tight I braced myself,"Do it!" I gritted out.

Carlisle nodded,"Alright. One...Two...Three!"

As soon as I felt the snap I released a blood curdling scream that I'm sure could be heard from miles away.

"There we go,sshh Sh Sh." Esme cooed brushing her hand gently through my hair as my screams dissolved into sobs.

Carlisle held pressure on my shoulder to keep it in place for a good five minutes before slowly easing off,"Esme grab her something for the pain,Mariana and I have a lot to discuss."

Esme reluctantly nodded,placing a motherly kiss on my forehead. "I'll be back sweetheart."

Offering her a tired and weak smile she walked out,shutting the door behind her.

————————

Once the door was shut Carlisles saddened eyes fell on my pitiful form.

"I'm sure you have your questions." He simply stated,I hummed looking up to stare at the ceiling.

"What happened to Luis..? He was..terrifying.." Carlisle pulled a chair over and sat next to the bed I was laying on.

"Before we get into that there is something you should know first." He stopped in case I had any objections,only for me to give him a pleasing look.

He sighed,taking my hand in his as he began his hour long explanation.

The wheels turned in my head as the world I thought I knew got bigger and darker.