Chapter 6

Alice's POV

I was so excited about joining a guild that i forgot the dangers that come with it.

As the ground began to shake more and more violently, i begun to panic. I quickly looked towards my sister for guidance. Misty pulled me closer while desperately searching for the enemy.

David had retreated into a tree and The girl ran and safety hid behind ruins of a once stable house.

Out in the distance, I saw a large figure, about the size of a 3 story building. So this is what a golem is like. Every step it took shook the ground strongly. It knocked over anything that was in its path.

I quickly reached for my bow that was carefully resting on my back. I aimed at the golem and shot an arrow at its head. It quickly bounced off and flew in a random direction.

The golem now noticed my presence. It begun to focus on me.

Dang it. The golem moved surprisingly fast for something its size. In front of me, I could see Misty running towards the golem with her hands on her sword. Is she crazy? That tiny sword will do nothing compared to the size of the monster!!!

I didn't know what to do. I was useless in this kind of fight. If I were to shoot another arrow, It could possibly bounce off of the golem and hurt someone. But.... I have to do something.

Suddenly I heard David's voice. "I have a perfect view from up here" I quickly looked around however I could not find him. Where did he go?

"I've read about golems. The only way to beat them is to force something between the cracks in its body. It'll break the rocks apart, completely destroying it."

The golem moved towards me, he left a trail of fallen rock behind him. Misty ran towards it and swung her sword at it, but she was knocked back from the blow. She quickly jumped back to avoid being stepped on.

The golem was now about a few feet away. I grabbed another arrow and shot it at the golem, it hit the golem, but didn't do as much damage as I'd hoped. The arrow had only manages to brush across its arm.

It rose its hand, preparing to crush me with them. what do I do? I don't have enough time to get another arrow. Instincts kicked in, I used my arms to protect my face.

The golems hand started to move downwards with great speed. This is it. I'm going to die.

I screamed as I prepared for impact.

David ran in front of me and held his dagger out in front of him, taking a defenders stance. What was he doing? His tiny dagger wouldn't be able to cut through it!!!

"Use this" The girl was still hiding the ruined house. She tossed a bottle to David. He quickly caught it, opened the bottle and quickly poured the liquid onto his weapon.

The golem's hand came into contact with his dagger. His dagger slid straight through the rock, pieces of the golem flew off into all directions. The golem's body became unstable and collapse.

David grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the destructive sight.