Chapter 2

Alice POV:

I was overwhelmed with happiness! I cant believe I have the chance to join a guild! This is the first opportunity we've ever had to join one. Which is why I'm also a little nervous. I never thought that I would get this far.

My sister seems so confident. although, something does seem to bother her. Maybe she's worried tha-

"Excuse me" A boy standing next to me had caught my attention.

"Yes?"

"Are you trying out for the guild?"

"Yeah, I'm here with my sister. Why? Are you here to evaluate me?" I asked.

"Oh no, not at all. I'm here to tryout as well"

I smiled. I sat down on a nearby chair and carefully placed my hands on my lap. I always try to act sophisticated when I'm nervous. I don't know why. It just makes me seem smarter.

"there's something that I noticed about you that is rather peculiar."

"what is it?"

"your hair is light blue color, and it doesn't appear to be dyed. Is your natural color?"

I freaked out after he said that. I couldn't tell him that I'm a dragon!

My response was very jumpy " uhhh, you see... The thing is... Well, I-"

Misty quickly jumped in "we were both born with a rare disease that creates an odd hair color. But the disease is rather harmless and is actually pretty cool. I say we're lucky"  she smiled.

Claire interrupted "Alice. Misty. Shall we continue?"

I was overcome by a quick sense of relief yet fear slowly crept up on me. I felt like I was about to cry from the sudden realization that I was about to take the biggest test of my life.

The boy that was next to me must've realized that I was worried because he said to me "Don't worry! You'll do fine. you'll make it in, I just know it"

That was all the encouragement that I needed. I felt as if a massive amount of pressure relieve itself from my chest.

"Thanks" I responded back to him. He looked me in the eyes and smiled.

I blushed. I quickly turned around to hide my quick show of affection. As I continued, I realized I forgot to tell him my name. I turned around, only to see that he has vanished. Where did he go?

"Are you coming?" Claire asked.

I was hesitant, but eventually I had nodded my head and followed her into the next room.