The Dragon Sisters

Misty's POV:

"Misty, I have some great news!" I turned around to see my sister, rushing towards me, waving a newspaper in the air as she ran. Her long, light blue hair was pushed back by the morning breeze.

Alice had a wide smile spread across her face. It's been awhile since I've seen her this excited. Im really eager to hear her news.

She approached me exclaiming, "Look, there's a guild looking for new members!" Without hesitation, she quickly shoved the newspaper into my hands.

I looked at the front page. It was just a normal city newspaper. I didn't see anything that particularly stood out. I looked up at Alice with confusion

Alice rolled her eyes and pointed at a specific article. The title read "Guild is looking for a young new team"  apparently the guild Shining star has been searching new for recruits.

"That's only down the street" I calmly said

"We have to hurry before someone else takes the job. Come on." She grabbed my arm and pulled, trying to get me to follow her, but I resisted.

"Alice, where are you going, the guild is that way." I pointed to the opposite direction that she was going.

She looked a little embarrassed. "Sorry" she said, dragging me in the other direction.

The walk to the guild wasn't a long one. We were already near it.

As we came closer to the guild, I begun to feel nervous. Every step I took added another butterfly to my stomach. I was afraid. What if I'm not good enough to get into the guild? What if the guild found out I'm a dragon? They would have me killed! And what about Alice? They would hurt her too! I looked towards her and she still had a large grin.

I couldn't let these thoughts stop me. Alice was really looking forward to this. I wouldn't want her to worry.

I pushed these thoughts out of my mind and attempted to suppress my feelings. A calm expression fell over my face.

We climbed the endless steps to the guild doors. Once we made it to the top, there was a fairly short woman guarding the door. As soon as she spotted us, she said "Are you here about joining the guild?"

"Yes" I said in my normal formal tone.

She bowed, and said "very well, my name is Claire and I will show you where to go. Follow me."

She seemed very polite. she had short blond hair and she wore a long red dress that really suited her.

She opened the door and we followed.

The guild's interior was huge. It was a large office-like area. Yet for some reason, it was empty. Where are all the other guild members?!? Surely we aren't the only ones here!

"This is the guild's acceptance hall. This is where you can accept new quest or return old ones. Although many people tend to think of this place as a social area."
Claire led us to a door that was to the left of the acceptance hall. "This is the training room! This is where your evaluation will begin."

I really hope that this place will be right for us. I just want the best for Alice