Chapter 8

Misty's POV

Inside, the house was full of gold, diamonds and rubies. The floor was paved in silver and the walls were the color of gold. Chandelier dangled from the shining ceiling.

I was shocked. I had to do a double take. I compared the outside of the house to inside, multiple times. I still couldn't grasp what I was looking at.

Alice didn't even seem to be shocked at all. She barged inside, stretched, then said "Well, I'm done for the day. Goodnight" She began looking for a bedroom, her shoes clacked with every step she took.

David recovered from his shocked daze. He started playing with his hair and saying "Im, gonna look for a bedroom as well." As soon as he said that, Alice stopped dead in her tracks. She said "Maybe we can share a room." David smiled.

My expression became serious. I glared at Alice until she said "I was just joking" she softly chuckled. Then I glared at David as he walked over to her. He turned around and shrugged his shoulders. "I would never do that to you or her." He began to follow Alice as they searched for a bedroom.

I sighed "I guess that just leaves you and me" I said, assuming Hope was there. I turned around to find that she had disappeared. Ok, I thought, I guess its just me.

Out of nowhere, I heard Alice and David yell in perfect unison "we found it!" I ran down the long corridor in the direction of their voice. I met up with them in a room that had four beds.

Alice ran and jumped on the bed. "Ah, its so soft! I could... Stay here... for... days..." She fell asleep in the middle of her sentence

David stared at Alice as she slept. He softly said "she looks so cute when she's sleeps." He laid in the bed that was next to hers.

I sat down at the closest available bed. Alice was right. The bed was soft. My drifted off as I begun to fall into a slumber.

************************************

"Alice!" I screamed as I reached my hand out, hoping she could reach it. Chains began to form around her. My screams echoed in the distance. I could almost reach her. Our hands become closer and closer to each other. I felt myself being pulled back. I had just realized that I had chains on my legs and now my arms.

"Why are you doing this! Leave us alone! We've done nothing to you." I screamed while desperately struggling for freedom. I could feel the tears rolling down my face.

A voice called out from the distance "Your monsters. Just your very existence is a danger to us humans."

I heard Alice scream "No! Stop it!" They held a knife to neck.

I screamed her name once more, as if my voice would stop them. What do I do?

************************************

I woke up screaming. Everyone looked at me, startled. Alice ran over to me and held my hand. "Another bad dream?"

"I guess so" I said, trying to hold in my tears.