Chapter 9

Alice's POV

We had arrived at the guild minutes ago and we were now waiting for them to announce who would be joining. Only two teams would be picked which scared me. We had too many close calls to be one of the top teams. I couldn't help but noticed that there were a lot less people than what we had started with. I hope they're okay.

"Are you ready?" Misty said. She was sitting on the floor. I looked down to her and said "I'm scared. I don't think they we did that good"

Misty stood up and hugged me "Its okay. I'm a little nervous too, but at least we survived and there are many other guilds that would be willing to take us. We're dragons remember? We're stronger than these humans."

"Yeah... I guess" I said, avoiding eye contact. "Misty, there's something I need to tell you..." I could see out of the corner of my eyes that she was staring at me

"What is it."

"I... I don't-" I was interrupted by Claire, who began to give out results.

"It has come to my attention that many groups have yet to return. Accidents happen so many of them are in hospitals recovering. I'm just glad that the rest of you are safe."

A random guy in the crowd yelled "Get on with it! Just tell us the results!"

Claire looked offended. she muttered to herself "Rude." Then she begun projecting her voice, once again. "I will now announce the winners to the contest!"

Misty and I looked at each other at the same time. We both gave each other nervous smiles before we turned our attention to Claire once again.

"The winners are group number 23"

In the back corner, 4 people about the age of 18 began celebrating.

"and our youngest group, group number 7" everyone was clapping as they looked around to see the winning team. No one cheered. All of a sudden, I heard a whisper in my ear "That's us"

My heart skipped up beat. I screamed then excitedly said "THATS US. WE WON." I was so exited that I wasn't thinking straight. I hugged David and said "This wouldn't have happened if u didn't save me. Thank you"

David embraced me and said "This would've never happened If you didn't nearly die. I should be thanking you."

Misty appeared out of nowhere and turned our hug into a group hug. "This would've never happened if I decided to break you're hand for touching my little sister a long time ago."

I quickly pushed David off of me.

"New guild members please report to the front desk. The rest of you are free to go." Claire said.

The crowd quickly dispersed. The guild felt empty and quiet as the rest of the teams left. There was only the 9 of us standing in the room.

"Congratulations. Welcome to your new guild. We're like a family here, so you should feel right at home." Claire began to give each of us pins with the guilds symbol on. As we puts them on, she said to us "You're now one of us"